Join now - be part of our community!

Tv KD 55XF7596

profile.country.GB.title
Tommy747
New

Tv KD 55XF7596

I purchased a new 55 inc Sony KD55XF7596 tv just 2 years ago and last week the picture failed,

the back light still works as does the sound I contacted Sony and was talked through a reboot.

in the end I Had a Sony approved company check out the Tv . They informed me the picture screen had failed and no replacement was available.

I expected better from Sony,and at a cost of nearly £ 900 for only 2 years service find that very expensive.

has anyone else had similar experiences with this model of TV

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Tommy747,

I'm sad to hear that your display failed after such a short time.

Unfortunately such things can happen - even with the best quality control in place.

Have you contacted the Sony support again and did you ask for some goodwill since the problem arose short after warranty end? Maybe they can help...

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Tommy747
New

Hi  I didn’t contact Sony again as they made it clear The TV was out of warranty and I would have to pay for any possible repair .

Also there was no invitation to contact  them  Again after I had received a report from the authorised repairer on the actual fault found

disappointing Alround.

profile.country.GB.title
Tommy747
New

Today I received a call from Sony. As you know I complained about my TV breaking down less than 2yrs Since I bought it 

After supplying proof of purchase and engineers report stating a faulty screen .Sony offered me the equivalent of a 10% refund for a compatible Tv and seemed surprised I hadn’t purchased extended warranty, perhaps they should start advising customers of this before they purchase Sony products.

Never mind plenty of choice of other Manufacturers for my next TV