Join now - be part of our community!

CMT-SBT20B wireless headphones

profile.country.GB.title
GothVampyra
Explorer

CMT-SBT20B wireless headphones

Just got this system as a small bedroom system, as a Christmas present. I want to listen to stuff without always disturbing others. Is it impossible to use this with wireless headphones?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
GothVampyra
Explorer

Am I correct in assuming this is only a receiver and not transmitter for Bluetooth or NFC?

If so, what and astonishingly glaring ommission from Sony. I have no need to stick phones and tablets in it. When did the idea of getting rid of headphone sockets start?

profile.country.GB.title
GothVampyra
Explorer

Having now phoned Sony Customer Services, I can confirm this system cannot have any form of headphones to it. Over £100 And you can't stick a set of cans in it or connect them via Bluetooth.

The Customer Services person tried telling me 4 times you need to listen to the headphones by connecting them via the Line In socket. This was Sony's own advice. They tried saying that you can attach other devices, "including headphones", via the Line In socket. It took some explaining that the socket only receives a signal from a device to play through the system. 

After going away for some time the person came back and confirmed "You are correct it is only a receiver of Bluetooth and not a transmitter and you can't attach headphones to it".

Despite this fact, the system sounds great. It's not major hifi but the DAB is crystal clear as is the CD player. Sony have always made brilliant speakers, again not as brilliant as serious hifi, but I have always had a set as a second set up on my stacking hifi. My first radio cassette recorder was a Sony. Had that for many, many years, as we're our Tv's, but then they were Japanese built and not from China.

All I can hope is this system doesn't pack up quickly like some of the reviews suggest.