Join now - be part of our community!

Hi-Fi pairing with Airpods

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MrPuss
Explorer

Hi-Fi pairing with Airpods

Good afternoon everyone - I hope someone may be able to help me.

I have a basic Sony CD player / radio hi-fi which I would like to pair with my Apple Airpods. It would seem that the hi-fi can receive Bluetooth (from my phone, for example), but not transmit to the headphones - am I correct in thinking this?

I have bought a cheap Bluetooth receiver / transmitter which seems to allow me to pair the Airpods, but the incoming volume is much reduced.

Any suggestions, please. Could it be the quality of the wired connection and if so, would a better quality lead do the trick? Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Apologies if I wasn't clear, it seems like the device supports pairing playback devices only, not headphones.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

If your HiFi has a headphones output try to connect the transmitter to this output. Usually this should be loud enough.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi MrPuss , it might be more helpful if you posted the model number of your device to check the settings and be able to help ^^

profile.country.GB.title
therealvinceunlimited

It might be useful to know that Apple complies with EU Directives for their products sold in Europe.  This means that they may be more suppressed than in other worldwide and in particular USA markets.  The EU directives are to avoid long term loud noise exposure from electronic equipment.  I am not sure whether this may be contributing to your problem or even if the headphones themselves are limited, I know the devices such as the phones are, but thought you may be interested.  Vince

profile.country.GB.title
MrPuss
Explorer

Thanks for your suggestion. 

It’s a CMT - SBT100B

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, the manual mentions that you can use the Bluetooth function to connect iPod/iPhone/iPad (Playback devices), and no mention of Air-pods: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4464/44642741M.pdf

profile.country.GB.title
MrPuss
Explorer

Apple Airpods were not invented when I bought this hi-fi, so they would not be mentioned in the handbook. 

Thanks for taking the time though. 

The point is that (as you said) iPods, etc. are inward Bluetooth, but I want outward Bluetooth to the headphones. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Apologies if I wasn't clear, it seems like the device supports pairing playback devices only, not headphones.