Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT1 sound bar , sound stutters

davemaden
Explorer

HT-XT1 sound bar , sound stutters

i have a sony HT-XT1 sound bar connected via HDMI leads to a sony kdl-40ex503 tv . all works ok but when i connect an amazon fire tv or an apple tv 2 or my blu ray to the sound bar ( even if they arent plugged into the mains ) the sound stutters every 5 seconds , when trying to watch the digital tv channels . yet the sound is fine if watching the fire tv or any device that i connect , its just when the aftv or the atv2 or blu ray are connected that i cant watch the tv channels without the stuttering. can someone help with this ? it has been working fine for about a month .thanks

11 REPLIES 11
davemaden
Explorer

just an update i disconnected everything and did a factory reset on tv , then connected tv to sound bar and all works fine again , but if i connect the amazon fire tv to the sound bar and watch xbmc on aftv all is ok until i go back to tv and now there is no sound at all , if i turn tv and sound bar off and disconnect hdmi lead from aftv to sound bar , then turn tv and sound bar on the sound is back on , i think the aftv and soundbar arent compatible , yet when connected it plays ok ? why could this be ? thanks p.s. and i have unplugged the optical lead and put hdmi lead back into ARC port .

davemaden
Explorer

i have had to put hdmi back into another port of tv and connect optical ead again as it started to stutter every 5 mins or so , ive now disconnected the amazon fire tv , but really need to have this working with the soundbar , need to know if theres a compatibillity issue with AFTV and sound bar , yet when im watching AFTV connected through sound bar all plays fine . thanks for your help