Join now - be part of our community!

problem connecting the Optical Digital Cable on my Soundbar HT- S100F/SF150

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Taffy2019
New

problem connecting the Optical Digital Cable on my Soundbar HT- S100F/SF150

I've just bought this Soundbar. The Startup Guide is very clear about how to connect the Optical digital cable ("digital audio out") but the sockets into which I have to put them both have covers on them. Should I remove these covers? If so, how please?

I'd be grateful for your help.

By the way, this is my first time here - I wasn't sure where to post this. If it's in the wrong board, would a Moderator kindly move it to the appropriate place please. Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Taffy2019,

the covers have a little "flap" which gets out of the way as soon as you insert the connector of the cable. They are spring loaded and will snap back as soon as you pull the cable back out.

Also make sure your optical cable has no "protector" on the tip of the connector, which you may need to remove before plugging the cable in. If there is a protector, it is just a little plastic cap on the fiber optic end.

- Nic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Taffy2019,

the covers have a little "flap" which gets out of the way as soon as you insert the connector of the cable. They are spring loaded and will snap back as soon as you pull the cable back out.

Also make sure your optical cable has no "protector" on the tip of the connector, which you may need to remove before plugging the cable in. If there is a protector, it is just a little plastic cap on the fiber optic end.

- Nic