Join now - be part of our community!

Re: Giga Juke - Windows 8.1

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jowagst23
Explorer

Re: Giga Juke - Windows 8.1

Hi,

I have a NAS-S500HDE (NAS-SC500PK) and I recently upgraded to windows 8.1 to replace XP which is about to be made defunct by Microsoft.  I now find that the music transfer software doesn’t work as Windows 8.1 is a 64-bit operating system.  Typically, when I try to start the music transfer application, a fault message stating “Failed to create a database. Music transfer will quit”.

Has Sony released any upgrade to cover this? Can the music transfer software be reconfigured to work with windows 8.1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jowagst23
Explorer

Great news. I am able to use my Giga Juke NAS-SC500PK “Music Transfer” software again!

I installed Virtualbox to my Windows 10 64-bit laptop then installed Windows xp 32-bit as a virtual machine.  I can now import music downloaded to my laptop to the giga juke once again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi jowagst23, I cannot find anything on the the Giga Juke support site that would suggest there is an updated version of the music transfer software.

All may not be lost though, you can still import audio files to your Giga Juke via USB.

The information below was taken from the user guide.

USB Import  information.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
jowagst23
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping someone may have found a way of connecting a Giga Juke to a PC for importing/ exporting or syncing music without having to use the music transfer software, possibly through a media player such as Windows, Realplayer or Quicktime.  I received a reply from Sony support on 05/03/2014 which suggests they have no issues with anyone doing this stating …

“Thank you for your recent email.

In regards to your query, we confirm that we cannot guarantee the functionality of importing Music through the Windows Media Player, however, you may try.”

It would make things less cumbersome for importing music recently purchased online.  Has anyone managed to find a way of doing the above?

profile.country.GB.title
jowagst23
Explorer

Great news. I am able to use my Giga Juke NAS-SC500PK “Music Transfer” software again!

I installed Virtualbox to my Windows 10 64-bit laptop then installed Windows xp 32-bit as a virtual machine.  I can now import music downloaded to my laptop to the giga juke once again!