Join now - be part of our community!

SACD player wich multichannel?

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

SACD player wich multichannel?

Hi. It seems like Sony want go back to make any SACD palyers. Strange decision for me, especially they still produce some of CD you can grab in the shops. I know future is in stream, loosless compresion ect and I already maneged that. Still I have quiet collection of SACD and my player just broke. So the question is - what to do? I would like to use Sony product but there's none as far as I know. My BR plays SACD but only stereo and I want multi. Any ideas? Thank you for help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont know about Sonys current or previous range of dedicated SACD players, however have you thought of researching Sony's bluray players. 

According to this review of the BDP-S790 : HERE Multi-channel SACD is supported.  Do a little digging and research Sony's latest bluray players.

Cheers

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
cvsonyboy
Explorer

I have the same problem and I want Sony to produce an SACD player to support those peope like myself that invested in it 10 years ago.  I have a large collection of SACDs and it grows as music companies that are enlightened, unlike Sony Music, goodness know which planet their management are on, continue to release great surround SACDs, mainly classical but great remakes coming out of the States such as the 'Best of Bread'  I have 3 Sony multichannel players all won't read hybrid discs.  Ideally I would like to buy a new one, but Sony as ever just abandons its customers and wonder why we are not fans of their customer service.  The company is a shadow now of its former self, but that is becuase it took its eye off quality and focus away from the customer.  I hope Sony hear this and think about producing a new multichannel SACD player for the thousands out there who may well now be looking to replace those old players of ten years ago!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont know about Sonys current or previous range of dedicated SACD players, however have you thought of researching Sony's bluray players. 

According to this review of the BDP-S790 : HERE Multi-channel SACD is supported.  Do a little digging and research Sony's latest bluray players.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
cvsonyboy
Explorer

I have the same problem and I want Sony to produce an SACD player to support those peope like myself that invested in it 10 years ago.  I have a large collection of SACDs and it grows as music companies that are enlightened, unlike Sony Music, goodness know which planet their management are on, continue to release great surround SACDs, mainly classical but great remakes coming out of the States such as the 'Best of Bread'  I have 3 Sony multichannel players all won't read hybrid discs.  Ideally I would like to buy a new one, but Sony as ever just abandons its customers and wonder why we are not fans of their customer service.  The company is a shadow now of its former self, but that is becuase it took its eye off quality and focus away from the customer.  I hope Sony hear this and think about producing a new multichannel SACD player for the thousands out there who may well now be looking to replace those old players of ten years ago!

profile.country.GB.title
cvsonyboy
Explorer

That is an option, however, a bluray player is not as good an option as having a dedicated CD/SACD player in your hifi system - the navigation of which is much better and more responsive than a BluRay player.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cvsonyboy wrote:

That is an option, however, a bluray player is not as good an option as having a dedicated CD/SACD player in your hifi system - the navigation of which is much better and more responsive than a BluRay player.

I hear what your saying.  Navigation would certainly be different.  Also unsure if you would actually need a TV too and not just plug into your hifi kit.

The only real thing I can advise, is to contact Sony themselves and see if there are any suitable products that they have.  I just checked their online store, the only SACD Player listed is now no longer available - its on Amazon though as well as other brands such as Pioneer

www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SCD-XE800-SACD-Player-Black/dp/B0041DD7NO/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
cvsonyboy
Explorer

Hi Thanks for your message, really good of you to reply.

I don' think that SACD player is available anymore and I am not sure why, Sony seem to make bonkers and crazy decisions sometimes, that player was stereo only, explain the logic of that?  I think Sony have lost the plot really, at least the managers seem to have, which is why they have the problems they have.  For a number of years they produced Multichannel SACD players and to then release a stereo only model? 

I would get one of the 3 players I have repaired, but I want some assurance they can be repaired and a good job will be done.  My preference would be though that Sony bring out a new player to be a replacement player for the thousands of people who have SACD and have supported it.  Too much to ask though.

profile.country.IE.title
igorwojcicki
Explorer

Well I read what you wrote and I can only agree with every word.

Sony does everything to loose customers. Their decisions shows that they loose touch with reality. And it's not only about products.

I spent during last years many thousands in their shop and you can believe or not - every time I go to buy product I have to give my name, adress ect. I never was recognized as good customer by Sony. I even stopped to register products as it gives me nothing. The only interest I can sense before buying things after i can no exist. At the same time my Friend who is Denon lover has special card, recognised as a valued customer have special prices, acces to new products ect.

Talking about products - lack of SACD player is a big fault. On oficial website they claim to go into hi quality products. I agree with network players but what SACD is if not good source of sound? Also if they care about good sound why they have that child toy called record player? This is embarasing - completly flat sound from cheap, plastic something which I wouldn't even call turntable (I owned one).Is that the same company which was responsible for stunning Ps-X9?

They seems to loose money - I'm not surprise - bad decisions about products in stock and one of worse (if not the worst) customer service.

Here in Ireland I never had a chance to listen ANYTHING before I buy. So the question is - do you really expect me to buy 2000 Euro product just because it has SONY name on it? Sorry - but not - or rather not anymore.

But actually why I write all this? many times it was proved to me that nobody at Sone gives a *****.