Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR-DB795

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
nocphoto
Explorer

Sony STR-DB795

Hello

I have a SONY STR-DB795 which is about 12 years old and working well.

I used it with a projector but I have upgraded my projector to a new one and I am having trouble with sound.

I am connecting a PS3, Apple TV and a SKY box to the projector via HTMI which does give me picture and sound on the projector but not via the AMP.  I tried optical cables but this did not work. Are there settings on the amp or media device I need to check?

Thanks

nocphoto

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IE.title
nocphoto
Explorer

Thank you for your help. I just needed to tell my playstation to send sound via optical.

All good now.

nocnoc

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

To think of something it would be useful to know the model of the new projector...

Manolo

profile.country.IE.title
nocphoto
Explorer

The projector is an Epson 2250U.  Its working fine. Its the sound from my devices I need to run through the AMP that I need advice on. I tried OPTICAAL cables but they did not work

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you tried this?:

Epson.jpg

Manolo

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I am sorry but, the Projector has an Optical IN? :thinking:

Projector.jpg

Manolo

profile.country.IE.title
nocphoto
Explorer

To be clear,

The video is working OK.

The projector has just HDMI connected to it and then to my PS3, Apple TV and Sky Box via a HDMI switch box.

All this is working fine and the audio is also going to my projector built in speaker.  I dont want to use my built in projector speaker. I want to use my AMP.

The PS3 etc are sitting near my AMP and I want the audio from the PS3 etc to plug into my AMP. Its an old AMP and there are no HDMI sockets.  So I am wondering if I can use OPTICAL cables from my PS3 etc and plug them into the OPTICAL on my AMP. I tried this already and it did not work so maybe there is a menue system where I need to tell the AMP to use OPTICAL.

nocnoc

profile.country.IE.title
nocphoto
Explorer

I dont want to run audio  frmo my projector.

I want AUDIO frmo my PS3 etc to go through myb AMP.

See next post please for more information.

nocnoc

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok then I apologize, I realized that the Ampli was between the devices and the projector and that the sound did not reach the projector from the Ampli...

For what has been clarified to me now it is not in the Ampli that you have to act but you have to make sure that from each device the audio is not output from HDMI but from Optical.

Manolo

profile.country.IE.title
nocphoto
Explorer

Thank you for your help. I just needed to tell my playstation to send sound via optical.

All good now.

nocnoc