Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR-DN 1080 7.2 speaker configuration

SOLVED
profile.country.RS.title
StefaBGD
Explorer

Sony STR-DN 1080 7.2 speaker configuration

Hi everyone,

Recently I have upgraded from Sony STR-DH540 to STR-DN1080. I am very pleased with it and how it works! One thing that bothers me is that I cannot found out how to connect two subwoofers. In user manual on page 18 it is written:

"You can connect up to 7 speakers and 2 subwoofers to this AV receiver. Place the speakers and
subwoofers according to the speaker system of your preference."

Immediately below this line there is a picture of speakers configuration, with just one subwoofer, and table of all possible speaker configurations except one with two subwoofers!

Screenshot 2021-07-24 13.51.31.pngSONY STR-DN1080 rear.jpg

For the time being I am successfully listening music in 5.1 speaker configuration with Wharfedale SW-10 as SW. I am thinking of adding two more speakers for surround back (L&R) and one more Wharfedale SW-10. But I don't want to throw money on another SW if it is not possible to hook it up!

Can some one please explain is is possible to connect two SW (in same zone) or not!

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Hi Stefa

I have a 1080 and work with 2 subs in a 7.2 set up and this works fine really great sound had a 1050 before same set up 

Regards

Richard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Hi

At the back of the 1080 on the audio panel there is input for two sub-woofers just plug in and away you go

Regards

Richard 

profile.country.RS.title
StefaBGD
Explorer

Are you sure about that?! 

I have found on two other sony forums following:

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00005321QBSAY/connecting-two-subwoofers-to-an-strdn108...

And

https://us.community.sony.com/s/question/0D50B00004IL1QRSA1/connecting-a-sub-to-strdn1080-correctly?...

Very worrying is last post on second link:

Yeah. So this is a 7.1 receiver, not a 7.2. Very misleading.

I am so puzzled

profile.country.GB.title
karingall

Hi Stefa

I have a 1080 and work with 2 subs in a 7.2 set up and this works fine really great sound had a 1050 before same set up 

Regards

Richard

profile.country.RS.title
StefaBGD
Explorer

Thank you so much! Oh you made my day! Now I can go an by 2nd Wharfedale SW 10 and enjoy even better in music and movies!

THANK YOU