Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1050 audio/video

aweston5
New

STR-DN1050 audio/video

STR-DN1050 ... I want to listen to audio source separate from the video source, can I do that with this?  For example, watch a game and listen to the radio?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To listen to the radio via the DN1050 AND play a game via a console (such as PS3/PS4), you would need to connect the games console to the TV and not to the AV Receiver. 

You then choose the required HDMI input on the TV, and then set the AV Receviers input to radio (AM/FM). 

This is the only way that I know of that you can seperate the audio to the video.

Cheers

aweston5
New

Thanks Qinnicus, my old Sony that I had for 10 years had an A + B switch that would let you do this.

(by watching a game, I meant watch football on TV, and listen to announcers on the radio but you're right I might also want to play a game and listen to music at the same time)

I haven't been able to find how to do this on the new unit and it happens often enough to be irritating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just tested this on my Sony AV Receiver (STR-DH820 - 2011 non-networked model).  I can watch TV AND listen to the radio at the same time.

I havent changed any settings on my system to do so.  Bravia Sync is still enabled etc.  All I did was turn to a TV station of my choosing via the TV's remote control, and then press the 'tuner' button on the AV Receivers remote control.

I would assume that the DN1050 should do this too?

What type of TV do you have?

What is it connected via HDMI to the TVs HDMI-ARC port?

Have you had a look around in the settings to see if anything is preventing you from doing this? 

The thing is, when in Tuner mode on the AV Receiver, its just telling the TV not to send any audio signal back - so it should work.

So I guess if not, can you describe in detail your setup etc.

Cheers

aweston5
New

I'm using HDMI out from the 1050 to the TV which is a Sony Bravia from 2008 (I don't think it has Bravia Sync).  When I press tuner on the 1050, the HDMI out also switches to display the menu from the receiver.

The settings don't seem to include a way to change this.