Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1080 How to ensure Sound is not returned by ARC

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
johnson.san
New

STR-DN1080 How to ensure Sound is not returned by ARC

Dear Community Gurus

I have a Samsung TV which cannot return Dolby Atmos via eARC/ARC.  So I plug my devices into the STR-DN1080.  I have a BluRay player plugged in to the STR-DN1080 BD/DVD socket.  TV is connected to both OUT A and OUT B sockets.  Also have SkyQ plugged in to STR-DN1080 SAT/CATV socket.  If I download a UHD file on Sky with Dolby Atmos the STD-DN1080 displays DOLBY ATMOS then DAtmos.  However if I play a BluRay disc with Atmos and select Atmos soundtrack the STR-DN1080 does not show DAtmos.   The HDMI output mode is set to A+B.    I suspect that in case of BluRay ARC is providing non-atmos sound from the TV.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
johnson.san
New

This was actually obvious and simple.  It was nothing to do with ARC at all.

There are settings on BluRay player to allow raw sound output.  This needs to be selected to ensure Dolby Atmos content is not down mixed for HDMI.  Once selected DAtmos appeared on the STR-DN1080 AV Receivers display.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
johnson.san
New

This was actually obvious and simple.  It was nothing to do with ARC at all.

There are settings on BluRay player to allow raw sound output.  This needs to be selected to ensure Dolby Atmos content is not down mixed for HDMI.  Once selected DAtmos appeared on the STR-DN1080 AV Receivers display.