Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I am more convinced that it may be a case of Sony trying to strong arm Vtuner ( or other way round) over charges for having service. Below is extract from Vtuner site: 
Consumers love Internet Radio
We have developed the leading technology platform for audio streaming to products of all types. With vTuner, consumers can enjoy live radio stations and on-demand podcasts via a highly monitored & reliable database organized by genre, quality, location and more. 
How it all works
For our clients – it's very easy. For us – well, it’s our job! 

The streaming media device contacts the vTuner server
Our server passes the request to one of our database servers
The database server enables browse or search of station listings
The server identifies the chosen station and returns the link information to the streaming media device
The streaming media device now uses this link to contact the chosen station and request the stream
Turnkey Solution - Implementing vTuner in your products
We offer a complete Self Development Kit that makes implementing our service into your products fast and efficiently.

Here are the main components:

API - Our proven and rock-solid API is the de facto standard for internet radios and other IP connected consumer electronic devices. The complete implementation of the API ensures that future services and features can be easily added to your products.
Sample C Code - C Code can be made available for those looking to expedite the implementation of our API. 
API Certification Document - Our certification document guides you through testing each function of the API to ensure that our platform + your products work well together.
Third Party Content Provider API - If you are a content provider who wants to be included in the our Internet Radio platform, ask us for our Content Provider API

Sent from Samsung Mobile
mat_sony_01

Bonjour,

Même problème en France, service Vtuner "not available" !!

Si aucune solution n'est trouvée, je propose que tout le monde poste des avis négatifs sur ce produit sur amazon et autres.

merci

Hello,

Same problem in France, Vtuner service " not available"!!
If Sony doesn't find a solution, I propose everyone to post some bad comments for this product on amazon etc.

Thanks

mat_sony_01

Does anyone knows if we can listen to a webradio without Vtuner?

Or if we can configure another music service?

Thanks

wilsonmfw

There are other services such as posted this morning. Cocktail Audio
utilise Reciva Server like Sony 'did' use Vtuner. It appears you have to
use a device with blue tooth or wifi enabled access, ie, built in to
device that enables access, some by subscription! I have a Pure Evoke Flow
that has built in Internet radio and can access free stations via an
Internet server. The Cocktail unit dies similar via another server. TRY
RadioSure via pic or laptop through
www.makeuseof.com/tag/connect-to-radio-stations-on-the-internet-with-radiosure/
aja007

@ Wilsonfmw, the point of having an internet radio is not relying on a pc or laptop!

wilsonmfw

Read other replies and message properly, emphasis on workaround! You asked
for other ways to connect to Internet radio and did not mention about not
using PC or laptop.
aja007

Sorry but I didn't ask for a "workround".

My point is/was that posters here bought their Sony devices to listen to internet radio and not be tied to a pc or laptop for their listening.

wilsonmfw

Post was, 'Does anyone knows if we can listen to a webradio without
Vtuner?' Please be specific?
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

It's also worth pointing out that depending on key choices made at time of purchase, this situation can be worse for some. At time of purchase I looked at DAB capable amps, but chose the Sony platform as it's approach to internet radio seemed a good option. Not any longer. I now have no DAB nor internet radio, save for the "unlimited" option from Sony, which is errr very limited. I ain't paying a penny more to sub for a service that wasn't my initial choice.

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

Once more I've checked the service status page for Sony Entertainment Network. According to that, everything is fine. It seems Sony are content to stick their heads in the sand.

out of interest, I've started Tweeting to the @SonyEntNet, where allegedly we can expect regular updates.

I've made a few posts under #vtunerbroken. Not a single reply. Epic fail.