Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SoKneeVictim
Explorer

IT'S BACK...IT'S BACK... I AM LISTENING TO VTUNER ON MY SONY SYSTEM HERE IN AUSTRALIA AFTER OVER A MONTH OFF THE AIR. WOOHOO!

View solution in original post

304 REPLIES 304
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have reported the issue to Sony in the hopes that they can shed some light to whats going on.

Cheers

drdeej
Explorer

Thank you,

I have two devices that run Vtuner and both not working. All we want is for them to be more transparent about what's happening. 

zingysounds
Explorer

Yes totally agree, I reported it to Sony yesturday as I thought my newly purchased CMT/G2BNiP was faulty. They didn't say it was down. I spent some hours since thinking it was me or my internet connection, what a waste of time. I contacted vtuner but haven't heard back. You pay a premium for the equipement and are let down. The internet WIFI connection was why I bought in the first place to access a large number of stations.

profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Hi

its good to see I,m not the only customer with no vtuner but we still have no vtuner after 24hrs of the reply to my enquiry.

i have replied to sony email saying " It's been 24 hrs since I received this reply to my question about not having vtuner and I still have no vtuner service. Can I ask for a reason for the service not being available and what is happening it has now been 4 days since the service stopped and no announcement from sony. I opened a community blog on your sony support site and two customers have replied to this stating no vtuner service and want to know what is happening."

if you wish to add to my email to sony this is the address. SonyEntertainment.UK@eu.sony.com

Thanks for your message, I spent too hours to understand what was wrong with my vTuner on Sony CMT-MX700Ni… Does not work for few days (about Sept. 6th).

Ok, that's Sony.

Hope their system will be back soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just to inform you all that Sony is now aware of the issue.  Also our friends on the Polish forum are reporting the same thing, therefore not just isolated to UK.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Hi have also had same problem since software update last Saturday (6 Sep). My STR - DN1040 messages not available when selecting Vtuner. Response from Sony when challenged about not posting service status was, not network, our system, hence not posted problem! Still affects users so smells of cover up by Sony!
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

COPY OF RESPONSE FROM SONY - We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, however; I can confirm that the maintenance was in our system and not the network, so no announcement is required as the customers were not affected.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Sony has confirmed that this problem has been going on since Saturday. Sony has escalated it to vtuner support. Unfortunately there is little Sony can do at this moment. Juat waiting to hear bacl from vtuner.

Cheers