Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304

The retailer offered me to return it and pay me back the costs I made,
which they already did! ( OTTO in the Netherlands)
mat_sony_01

My seller is amazon...
so I guess I'm just unlucky this time...

profile.country.en_GB.title
Technaudio
Explorer

Mine from amazon too. Guess we're ****** pal!

----------

Edited by Drew - Profanity removed

jpickard
Explorer

I have an update from Sony.  I asked specific questions and this is the reply I got.  Note: I was polite when contacting Sony - because although many people are fortunate to take their in-guarantee goods back to the retailer, I am not - and the outcome I'd like is for either VTuner to be re-instanted or for Sony to add a new Music Service to the menu on my NAS player.

Response was:

"In an attempt to clarify this matter, please note that the V tuner issue is under investigation and if there is any update it will be posted on our websites and there is no updates regarding discontinuing the V tuner service."

richardc79

Thanks for sharing this update you got from Sony!

But to be honest the response of Sony is also pretty useless like the earlier statements of Sony.

They just saying: we don't know and if there is any update you will see this on the website.

I wouldn't have a problem with such a reply from Sony if the vTuner service was down for a couple of days.

But after more then 4 weeks it is a bit of a shame to us as Sony customers without having vTuner service for so long.

SoKneeVictim
Explorer

IT'S BACK...IT'S BACK... I AM LISTENING TO VTUNER ON MY SONY SYSTEM HERE IN AUSTRALIA AFTER OVER A MONTH OFF THE AIR. WOOHOO!

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
baz201
Explorer

V-Tuner now appears to be working again on my Sony CMT-G2BNiP Hi Fi here in Sydney, Australia also. Hooray!

Hoping that VTuner won't hold Sony to ransom again like this, if that is what really happened.

webferret
Explorer

I can confirm that it is also working in The Netherlands (Europe). My CMT-MX700Ni is finally playing music through vTuner again!!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner is alive again in the United Kingdom also! About time too :slight_smile:

So who do we say thanks too? Come on don't be shy.., you know you want to tell us all about it!

A statement form vTuner or Sony would be useful at this point...

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hooray, vTuner is back online in the UK!!!!

Thanks to whomever has resolved this issue, can we please have a statment to tell us who or what was responsible? Come on you know you want to tell us all what happened.

No doubt there will be some unhappy people who've just returned their devices for refunds?!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14