Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
richardc79

If vTuner has serious issues, why other brands have no problems with vTuner right now?

So it is a specific Sony issue. Maybe the combination Sony with vTuner but it looks like they want to cover up something...

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

I'm in the UK and my CMT-SBT300WB's internet radio has not worked for over a week too.

I called Sony Support and spoke to an advisor called Hadeer who treated my call like I was the only person having this problem! They sent me an email asking for a picture of the error message!

I've replied with details of the error messages displayed on the (terrible!) Network Audio Remote app and I've asked that either a member of their technical team (who Sony have advised me previously don't talk to the customers!!!) or escalte my complaint to the UK Customer Relations team.

Ironically, this unit is a replacement supplied directly by Sony UK for a faulty (much superior!!!) CMT-MX750NI. Thankfully I still have my excellent Roberts 83i Stream to listen to internet radio but I'm still furious at how badly Sony consistently treat their customers.

aja007

I've emailed vTuner's VP and informed him that Sony are blaming vTuner.

I'll post his reply when I receive it.

wilsonmfw

Exactly.
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@wilsonmfw I'm inclined to agree.

At best the various parts of Sony are not talking to each other, as demonstrated by the range of responses customers have received. I particularly dislike it when people are still being asked to carry out pointless reconfigurations, factory resets, router reboots etc. when we all know that will make zero difference.

At worst, as you say, this is a delaying tactic.

I'm sorry but based on my experiences in the IT world, by now they should have identified the root cause.

Someone has either updated some software, or a connection or a license (as typical examples, there may be more) but in order for that change to take place it will have been a managed change, with associated records. 

All it takes is for someone to trawl Sony's change records for the date this service ceased, and the answer wil be there. The solution is merely to undo/roll back that change as clearly it was not tested for customer impact. Same goes for vTuner, who Sony should be managing, if it is their actions that have caused the issue.

On the other hand, if the Sony Corp, or its third party providers implement change without associated records, then frankly that's just plain shoddy.

If they want to play silly games without providing any real progress or commitment, I'm happy to play along too!

As mentioned before I am more than happy to provide meaningful customer reviews of their hardware which may no longer be fit for purpose. I am also prepared to take this up with the retailer I recently bought my amp from. I will make their life painful, and from that I expect them to escalate into Sony (where hopefully a retailer gets more respect than a customer.

The bottom line is quite simple. If they cannot respond adequately to pleas from customers, perhaps they will take notice once the reputation (and sales) of their products and services take a hit in the public domain. It won't be libellous, but factual, in order to help other consumers. My patience can only last so long. :angry:

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@richardc79 Indeed. As I posted the other day, I can use vTuner on a crappy PC with no problems, thus eliminating regional issues and to an extent confirming the overall service is working fine at vTuner's end.

scorpionfloyd

Vtuner standalone does work. Absolutely no issues with it. so it is a sony vtuner combination.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CAN ANYONE FROM SONY RESPOND PLEASE?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@aja007 Yep that's a frustrating situation, which is franky offensive to intelligent customers,

I had a similar run around with Sky a year or so ago when the idiots upgraded a poorly tested programme guide. It creamed the set top box, reducing a nice HD picture to a low def mess. The forums went mental. A group of us soon spotted where the problems lay, but every time someone called their support guys...surprise surprise, it was the first time it had ever happened, in the whole world, ever!!

I had to beat those idiots over the head with an extra large stick until I made them replace my STB for one which could accommodate their poorly tested code. There was never any apology.

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

@aja007 Good work. Coincidentally I was reading up on the Sony CEOs email addy just yesterday. I was amused to read he "doesn't like it when people contact him directly" Doh! 

Can they not see that people take that last resort as the whole support mechanism is disconnected and dysfunctional? 

Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, Sony. Think!

Here's another thought.

In my case my kit is the STR-DN1040. In terms of Sony Entertainment Network options I have vTuner (broken) and the Sony service (first 30 seconds free, rest needs subscription).

So how about Sony have taken one thing away, but are positioned to give customers credits on their paid for system in the meantime? How's that for an attention-getter?

wilsonmfw

Will be interesting!