Join now - be part of our community!

Vtuner not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Rbell2010

Vtuner not working

Hi

I have not been able to access vtuner since Friday 5th September, I reported it to sony yesterday and the reply was "Unfortunately, our systems are currently down for maintenance and will be up and running within 24 hours, Please feel free to contact us again at that time.". 

Has anyone else not been able to access vtuner for 4days, it seems that being reliant on just one internet radio supplier may be like putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Having not had the internet radio service for 4 days I feel this is unacceptable, does anyone feel the same?

304 REPLIES 304
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BollyDave wrote:

At best the various parts of Sony are not talking to each other, as demonstrated by the range of responses customers have received. I particularly dislike it when people are still being asked to carry out pointless reconfigurations, factory resets, router reboots etc. when we all know that will make zero difference.

I raised this as an issue yesterday - as quite frankly its ridiculous.

The support page has also been updated with the additonal 'missing' model numbers too.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vtuner-announcement

Unfortunately I am unable to ascertain any information at this stage.

spudkin

I bought the cmt 750 the day this happened spent the whole day thinking i was too stupid to set it up then found out it was sony.I just received silly emails from them this is very frustrating as the HIFI is a gift for someone who wanted mainly for the internet radio .If this is not sorted soon i will send it back.Why no response it is like they are hiding something.:smileyangry:

drdeej
Explorer

I wouldn't normally suggest this but everybody needs to spam Sony about
this. Go to Facebook, leave messages on as many posts as possible (they're
busy promoting new products at the moment so it might dissuade new
customers), tweet the hell out of them etc. Also, get in touch with radio
stations you listen to and tell them you can't listen to them because Sony
messed up. Like I said before, I have no issue with them if this is a
technical problem (which I think it isn't) but we are being kept in the
dark. Enough is enough. Good luck everyone.

Sent via my Sony Xperia™ Tablet Z running Android 4.4.2
webferret
Explorer

I'm really angry with Sony Support and I am going to reply on everything they are posting on their Facebook. This should urge them to act accordingly and solve this matter.

See: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152460840216997

Please all, do the same and add the link to this topic in your reply!

grwalli41
Explorer

Hi,

Same issue here - neither of our SA-NS410s can access vTuner or have been able to for well over a week.I got this response from customer support:

Thank you for contacting Sony regarding your SA-NS410, we are sorry to learn that the internet radio is not working.

In regards to your enquiry, please note that the internet radio server is currently offline and the engineer are doing their best in order to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Yet again, different information. Sony really need to up their game!

profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

I've now received this, where it's interesting to see Sony pointing the finger of blame at vTuner. They also invite me to reply for more info or whatever, which I will be doing for sure. If they don't sense the frustration here, then I'll have to let them know directly. The only thing I am missing is a reply from vTuner so I'll get on their case tonight. Someone is holding back with info here. I cannot believe this is so hard to resolve. Someone, somewhere, just undo what you did to break it!

We are sorry to read of the difficulties you are encountering with your Sony STR-DN1040.

We can confirm that the vTuner issue is due server update from the end of the 3rd party vTuner.
The issue is still under investigation and I would like to highlight that it is from vTuner server not Sony's server.

webferret
Explorer

I also mailed vTuner to ask for a clarification and when I get a reply I'll post it here.

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Latest response: Thank you for contacting Sony support.

I have checked with my management and currently have no information that
there is an error with the service

I will be in touch with you once there has been any updates

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this
email.

Thank you for your enquiry
profile.country.GB.title
BollyDave

Well I've just emailed vTuner again. Let's see if they bother answering that one.

Amusingly I see that on the vTuner site, Sony are referred to as "device partners"

Right....that's partners that don't tak to each other it would seem

spudkin

I also just emailed Vtuner asking them is there a problem with sony providing internet radio with them.this is the third time i have email them snd they have not answered yet.