Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-7200 Blu-ray Screensaver Bug on Demand 5

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

BDP-7200 Blu-ray Screensaver Bug on Demand 5

Hi all,

Have any of you encountered this issue with the BDP-S7200 Blu-ray player from Sony?

This problem only seems to occur when watching content on Demand 5 Catch-up Services.

Screensaver will activate at random intervals with no set pattern however you can still hear the soundtrack to whatever you're watching. For instance this evening I watched a movie and after 31 minutes the screensaver appeared and then again 26 minutes later and once more at 17 minutes later. This has happened with all Demand 5 content that I've viewed so far. To dismiss the screensaver from view I press the down arrow.

In a private PM forum member Quinnicus has suggested that I could just disable the screensaver which is probably the best solution however having only bought this device last 2 weeks ago I am concerned this might indicate something more serious. I shall await any further feedback here for now.

For those of you who may be considering buying this device you should not be unduly concerned, it's a fine piece of kit which I can thoroughly recommend. It has also just been awarded Best Buy in the £200-£300 price range by the respected What Hi-Fi Magazine.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MK_Slinky

Just to let you know, Im trying to chase up the progress of this as I did report this to Sony.  Hopefuly I;ll get some feedback soon.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Anonymous 

HI there,

Many thanks for doing this for me. :slight_smile: I guess the firmware update didn't fix this after all?

Cheers.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No, the FW update wasnt about addressing the screensaver issue that you have been experiencing unfortunately.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

OK, thanks for the info. :wink:

I wonder what this fixed though?

"BRAVIA Internet Video improvement"??

Shame Sony aren't more specific about fixes like other manufacturers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there MK_Slinky

Unfortunately you are not going to like the current news.  Currently this particular problem (Screensaver issue on Demand5) is un-resolved, and unfortunately its unlikely to be resolved (at least any time soon).

So, the only advice/work-around is to disable the screensaver when using Demand5.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Ah yes, you did mention that once before but I forgot to try it. I'll test this out later if I get chance. Knowing my luck lately it will still come on even if it's off. :dizzy:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Anonymous 

Sorry this took me a while to test! I can happily report that your work-around solution of temporarily turning OFF the screensaver does indeed work. :wink:

Hopefully Sony will eventually fix this though...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for confirming that the work around, works :slight_smile: