Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S1100 all video apps have disappeared

SOLVED
Drew-j
New

BDP-S1100 all video apps have disappeared

All Internet setting and connections are fine and running just no applications to select ie Netflix ,love film and bbc iplayer ect have all disappeared any help would be much appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
skl1983
New

I lost all of the apps on my BDP-S1100 for nearly a month and I found a fix on here and it solved my problem and I've got all of the apps back.

Go to [Setup] then [Resetting] then [Initialise Personal Information] then go to [Video] or [Music] then [Update Video].

This should work for you aswell...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Usually a temporary IP issue, have you tried physically unplugging your modem for 30 seconds to power cycle it? This should  then force the BDP to get a new IP address which should means it then checks ths Sony server for the local listing

Drew-j
New

Yeah I have had the router off overnight and also disconnected the full unit and the connected it it up again and still nothing all firmware is up to date as well
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm - are you able to test it on another internet connection, a friend or relatives perhaps? For whatever reason its not getting the service list from the Sony server. Could also get your ISP to check/reset your connection then this might trigger it..

thanks

skl1983
New

I lost all of the apps on my BDP-S1100 for nearly a month and I found a fix on here and it solved my problem and I've got all of the apps back.

Go to [Setup] then [Resetting] then [Initialise Personal Information] then go to [Video] or [Music] then [Update Video].

This should work for you aswell...

Thanks for the tip skl1983, I had the same problem and it saved me throwing the player out of the window