Join now - be part of our community!

bdp s380 upgrade trough CD

mmaturen
New

bdp s380 upgrade trough CD

Hello, im triying to upgrade my BDP S380 using the downloaded frimware and a cd. since y have no way to connect the player to the internet. woheve once I insert the cd it just sais datd cd, and nothing else happens...

is there a way to read the data cd? or a menu that lets me chose to force the update?

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

When you downloaded the firmware update did you first extract the contents of the 'Zip file' before burning it to disc?

Usually the firmware 'Zip file' contains 2 files, you need to place those 2 files on the CD at root level. Do not put them inside any folders on the CD. Likwise do not place any other files on the CD. Once you insert the new CD it should then recognise the files and begin the update process.

If you don't know how to extract a Zip file you can usually use Windows by double clicking the Zip file and extract the contents to your dektop before copying them to the CD. You can also use programs like 'WinZip' or '7Zip'

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14