Join now - be part of our community!

Demand 5 not working since update 1/14 (BDP-S1100)

SOLVED

Demand 5 not working since update 1/14 (BDP-S1100)

I don't hold out much hope of this being fixed by writing this as I've seen at least one other thread about it, but ever since demand 5 was updated on my box, it has not been able to play any video. I just get the "whoops, the programme you are trying to watch isn't currently available..." message.

I've tried all sorts of resets and updates, including a few factory resets. Should I be taking this back for an exchange?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mhanbury
Explorer

Working for me with the new firmware thanks.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-bdps-1100-3100-firmware-update-v14r0...

If you have updated to this firmware and it still doesnt work - try performing a factory reset on the unit.

Update to version M14.R.0172 for Blu-ray player

Relevant Products

This information is applicable for the following Blu-ray Disc player models:

• BDP-S1100 / S3100

About this download

Updating is simple and with the newest firmware version, you can get even more from your Blu-ray player.

• Name: Blu-ray player firmware to version M14.R.0172
  • Date released: 05/03/2014
  • Benefits and improvements:
    • BRAVIA Internet Video: YouTube Leanback playability
    • Sony Entertainment Network: Opera Apps connectivity
    • BD-ROM playability
  • Restrictions: only for use with Blu-ray players sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
WalterTattersall
Explorer

Same here.  So now is not only Demand5 not working neither are many of the apps in the SEN and the Opera App store.  From reading some of the posts from months ago this seems to be a long standing issue.  Really shoddy that Sony cant be bothered to sort things out and make this Blu-Ray player deliver what they claim it can.

Absolute rubbish.

Exactly the same issue here, worked absolutely fine before the Five On Demand upgrade in January.
mhanbury
Explorer

I also have exactly the same problem with the Demand 5 app and have logged a ticked.  Iplayer and Nexflix work perfectly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just curious if this is an ISP issue - What ISP are you all using?

Also has anyone contacted Channel 5 as others may have reported the issue to them (you never know)

Cheers

WalterTattersall
Explorer

SKY in my case.

Yes I emailed C5 on Wednesday via the contact form on their website, not heard back though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

mhanbury
Explorer

Had a reply from Sony support today stating that the issue has been escalated.
mhanbury
Explorer

Working for me with the new firmware thanks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
rismith60
Explorer

Sony released a software update for their bluray players around 5th March. Has anyone upgraded their software to the latest version, and if so is the Demand 5 application working OK for you now?