Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S470 iPlayer has dissapeared can anyone help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
LongEnoughUN
Visitor

BDP-S470 iPlayer has dissapeared can anyone help

I bought a BDP-S470 from Richersounds 2 days ago, i have tried using iPlayer and it dissapeard. Channel 5 Love film and a load of other stuff is there still.

I tried doing the 'Initialize Personal Information' thing and its made no difference.

Please help, its one of the reasons i bought this Blu-Ray player!:smileycry:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dayton78plus
Visitor

Normal service resumed.  Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DrFilmLove
Visitor

You are not alone.  I have this player aswell and have been enjoying BBC iPlayer untill it recently dissapeared.  I really hope it hasn't been removed as it was also one of the main reasons I bought this player!

Does anybody have any information about this?

Munkey
New

Me too...

Went to watch iPlayer this evening and post connection to wireless the icon for BBC iPlayer vanished, hasve performed a hard reset and network update to no avail, this is a firmware background update issue from Sony and if not a hack a monumental screw up. Other than LoveFilm this is the devices only feature over a standard BluRay player, no iPlayer and it's going in the wheelie bin.

To boot, where's CH4 and ITV regardless. How hard can it be to stream free content?

dayton78plus
Visitor

Same problem. Worked perfectly until today 30th June 2011. I realise i am not offering a fix however its strangely comforting to know i am not alone.  Nature of problem suggests it has been caused by sony network updates, so they ought to be able to deal with it. I agree Channel 4 and ITV need to be added to make product better.

Cheers 

shellytv
Visitor

SONY say that the BBC have removed the facility from the players for maintenance but have not given them a timescale although SONY have said they hope to have it resolved by the middle of next week.

matth101
Visitor

Yep my I player function vanished last week.... sounds like a universal problem... like everyone else

i player on the tv was one of the key reasons for purchase.... will be on Sony's case if not resolved shortly....

Hope they get on with it....

Catmambo
Contributor

It went back up at the weekend, have you tried resetting/re-scanning for Internet content as it should re-appear.

Please shout if it doesn't come back though.

dayton78plus
Visitor

Normal service resumed.  Thanks

veradosa
Visitor

yeah just happened to me too ive just added a new tv to my regerster products list{so i have tv internet and blue ray internet now] and then i went too check the blue ray player in the other room was still working, after setting up lovefilm on the new tv, and iplayer  was missing on the blueray player.Everything else is fine cant understand it!

Ive checked throughout the comunity pages and there are  a hundred posts{various models} that relate to iplayer missing/not working correctly, and the link seems to be sony automatic firmware updates causing probelms,its still fine on the tv so ive knocked off auto firmware updates on the tv,and as soon as i get a firmware update that gets me iplayer back on the blueray player thats it no more updates.

update....now working many thx  sony!

Message was edited by: veradosa

Message was edited by: veradosa

yellowbug
Visitor

iplayer has also disappeared on my S570 ... "a netwok error has occured ..."  after  clicking to update !

have had no luck retuning ... sking fo a reference no. I know nothing about