Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S7200 - How to watch Ultraviolet on Flixster?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

BDP-S7200 - How to watch Ultraviolet on Flixster?

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to watch Ultraviolet copies of movies using the Flixster App on this Blu-ray player?

I've registered an account with Flixster and redeemed my Ultraviolet Code but I cannot see a way of accessing my movie through the Blu-ray player Flixster App.

According to Flixster help pages the user can do the following:

Your DVD/Blu-ray with an UltraViolet digital copy allows you to stream and download through various UltraViolet compatible services. This includes watching content with Flixster on iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC computers, Android devices, and compatible connected TVs, Blu-ray players and game consoles.  However, the Ultraviolet files are not compatible with iTunes, and you are not able to view or transfer them into your iTunes library.

I'm confused!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know its confusing 😞  There is loads of mixed statements out on the internet, as well as catch all phrases like "bluray players and internet TVs". 

Let me state this fact:

Streaming Ultraviolet content via a Sony TV or Bluray player cannot be done via the Flixster application.  There is no alternative in EU countries to do so.  The US use an app called Vudu of which is not available outside the US.

Flixster lumps the Sony Google TV Player as "Internet TV 3D Blu-ray Disc Player" - hence much confusion.

For compatible devices on Flixster and Ultraviolet streaming in the UK, see:

http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/link/portal/15025/15266/Article/3246/Compatible-Devices-UK

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I know its confusing 😞  There is loads of mixed statements out on the internet, as well as catch all phrases like "bluray players and internet TVs". 

Let me state this fact:

Streaming Ultraviolet content via a Sony TV or Bluray player cannot be done via the Flixster application.  There is no alternative in EU countries to do so.  The US use an app called Vudu of which is not available outside the US.

Flixster lumps the Sony Google TV Player as "Internet TV 3D Blu-ray Disc Player" - hence much confusion.

For compatible devices on Flixster and Ultraviolet streaming in the UK, see:

http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/link/portal/15025/15266/Article/3246/Compatible-Devices-UK

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus,

Many thanks for your expert reply. I have looked at the link you provided but to be honest the advice there does not really make things as clear as I would have liked. Here's what it does tell me, as you can see no actual model number. My Sony Blu-ray has all of those features listed, Internet TV, 3D Blu-ray Disc Player, go figure!!

Although it would have been nice to maybe build a collection of UV movies it's not a huge priority for me, that's not to say it's not a disappointment though.

Still this info may prove useful to someone looking to buy such a device, if you are then my advice would be to buy a different make so as not to be disappointed.

Thanks again. :wink:

Flixster.png

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its a Flixster text formatting *****-up. 

Under where it says:

Blu-ray Player    Sony    Internet TV 3D Blu-ray Disc Player (NSZ-GT1)

Its the NSZ-GT1 is the model of the Google TV player that Sony developed, and then the other models are out by one line.

So technically it should read:

Blu-ray Player    Sony         Internet TV 3D Blu-ray Disc Player (NSZ-GT1)

HDTV                 LG            47G2

HDTV                 LG            55G2

Other                 Logitech    Revue with Google TV

On a personal note : The movie companies and affliated partners have really screwed up this Ultraviolet completely.  What, on the basis is a good idea, its basically dead in the water. Simply because its this rubbish - cannot access on the device/s you want.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Oh, now I get it!!! Isn't that just typical?

Yes I'm inclined to agree, Ultraviolet is just not worth the bother. As you so rightly say the difficulties in actually viewing the movies on your preferred devices seems to be the biggest issue, not to mention regional issues too!

I bought a Blu-ray (Wolf Creek 2 R18 Directors Cut) from Australia last week, it did have an Ultraviolet code enclosed but then when I went to redeem it I received an onscreen message saying NOT VALID outside of Australia or New Zealand!!

So to summarize, the film companies have found a way for us to have a more enjoyable experience, so long as we don't actually try using it???!!!! *********kers.

Think I'll stick with good old fashioned DVD's - Blu-ray's and torrent movies for now. :thumbsup:

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to mention spec-savers in my post above, but thought id give you a 'get-out' clause :slight_smile:

Funny that, when I was in Australia, I used to buy movies from Amazon UK, and get it delivered to me.  It was the only way to get Stargate SG1 months before Aust did :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

LOL! I suppose it depends on who needs their eyes tested, me or the Flixster guys?

I used to go to Specsavers but my eyesight got so bad I couldn't find their shop anymore! :dizzy:

Cheers