Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 Tuning/EPG Problem

fg2143
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 Tuning/EPG Problem

Hi

Does anybody know how to do a manual re-tune of the Sony RDR-HXD890 please?

Since the required digital re-tune a couple of weeks ago, some of the EPG is missing (blank), there are duplicate channels for BBC1 and ITV and as a result my recorder won't always record certain channels, for example channel 4. It sets the timer but either doesn't start the recording, or starts the recording and switches off after about a minute.

I have researched possible causes on the Internet and it seems to be that I am receiving signals from two different transmitters (had the same problem with the EPG with my Sony tv, but managed to find the instructions to do a manual re-tune and this has resolved it).

I have trawled the Internet and double checked the manual but I can't find any instructions/advice. I emailed Sony support, and the only response I have received is to manually re-tune, but despite going back to them four times, they haven't sent any instructions on how to do this.

thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Page 128 of the RDR-HXD890 manual : HERE describes manually tuning as well as the Digital UK Website on manual tuning : HERE.

Hope this helps

Cheers

fg2143
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the manual only gives instructions for the analog tuner and not the digital tuner. There don't seem to be any instructions for manually retuning the digital tuner. I'm wondering if that's why Sony haven't come back to me with how to do it.

The next step is going to be aerial advice I think, as I don't know what else to try and the issues with the EPG for my tv aren't fully resolved either. Frustrating, because up to the recent retune everything was fine.

If I get a resolution I'll post it for anyone else in the same/similar position - I know googling this for the last two weeks, there have been numerous problems since the recent retune.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DOH!  Didn't see the analoge part.  Sorry about that. 

Ive also seen the very similar problems on the internet too, across a wide range of manufacturers with no single one solution. 

Please let us know how you get on anyway.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Best way to retune your recorder is to reset it (power-off and stop button together on the deck), unplag it from main for 1 minute than go through the easy setup procedure. In this way you are sure you wipe all the old programs and tune the new one. I don't think it solve the double frequency problem, the RDR HXD will decide by itself which channel choose...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Another option you may try is to disconnect the aerial from the recorder while doing the easy setup and thena manually add the mux you are interested in (after having connected the aerial): go to system menu->initial setup->digital tuner->signal check and select the channel you are interested in. There should be an option to add the service found on the channel to the recorder.

I'm afraid that in any case, next time you put in standby the machine, it will search automatically all the channels and overwrite your manual setup