Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD710 replacement?

SOLVED
dewatsony
New

RDR-HXD710 replacement?

My Sony RDR-HXD710 finally died last night. Do Sony still manufacture a Freeview HDD recorder with a built in DVD recorder and a DV-In port for Camcorder connectivity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry but the answer is no, since it appears the, at in least in EU, there is no market anymore for such devices (Sony still build BD recorder in Japan as far as I know). It seems that PVR functionalties built-in the TV set is the trend even if they do not compare with the features available in the good old RDR-HXd serie (I've still an HXD870 working and hope it won't die soon..) let alone the possibilties to save your recording on a portable media.

Regarding the DV-In connection I think you won't find this feature also in any other brand since most new camera doesn't have it anymore (only USB/HDMI)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry but the answer is no, since it appears the, at in least in EU, there is no market anymore for such devices (Sony still build BD recorder in Japan as far as I know). It seems that PVR functionalties built-in the TV set is the trend even if they do not compare with the features available in the good old RDR-HXd serie (I've still an HXD870 working and hope it won't die soon..) let alone the possibilties to save your recording on a portable media.

Regarding the DV-In connection I think you won't find this feature also in any other brand since most new camera doesn't have it anymore (only USB/HDMI)