Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N590 Home Theater System speaker channel issue

profile.country.GB.title
ConnollyMan
New

BDV-N590 Home Theater System speaker channel issue

Hi

Had this system for just under a year now after initially reading fantastic reviews. I had treated myself to a large 3d tv which my older Sony surround system didn't not support fully. It has been great until yesterday when I decided to use the  auto calibration function & it kept "failing". I found out it was because the right surround speaker was not working. It's not the speaker itself as I swapped the plugs at the unit & it was fine so appears to be the channel. Any one else had this problem and know a fix or is it off to a Sony repair centre?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I've not had the same problem but as you've ruled out a faulty speaker it pretty much suggests a dead output.

I certainly can't think of anything in the settings which would effect this.

Sounds like a repair job to me.

Bad luck! :slight_frown:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
ConnollyMan
New

Thanks for you prompt reply.

Did suspect that might be the answer but thought I'd ask the question, even to find out if a common fault. Fortunately still within warranty.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Phew...! That's a stroke of luck then, let's hope they get it fixed without too much delay.

All the best

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14