Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N7200 Audio Decoding on HDMI IN

Reveri3
Explorer

BDV-N7200 Audio Decoding on HDMI IN

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I just recently purchased the BDV-N7200 5.1 cinema set and the first thing which I quickly discovered was that, this system hardly supports any audio codecs on HDMI IN and felt completely devastated😢!!
Please see below of the specs which you might be aware of already :
Audio Decoding

FLAC
YES
DSD - DSDIFF / DSF
YES
ALAC
YES
AIFF
YES
HEAAC V.1 / V.2 / LEVEL 2
YES
LPCM (2CH / 5.1CH / 7.1CH)
YES/YES/YES (HDMI in; except 7.1ch)
DOLBY® DIGITAL
YES
DOLBY® DIGITAL PLUS
YES (HDMI in; NO)
DOLBY® PROLOGIC
YES (HDMI in; NO)
DTS
YES
DTS96/24
YES (HDMI in; NO)
DTS-ES MATRIX6.1
YES (as DTS Core)
DTS-ES DISCRETE6.1
YES (as DTS Core)
DSD
YES(HDMI in; NO)
DOLBY® TRUE HD
YES(HDMI in; NO)
DTS-HD HR
YES(HDMI in; NO)
DTS-HD
YES(HDMI in; NO)
DTS-HD LBR
YES(HDMI in; NO)

I have connected my NAS on the HDMI IN and stream all my movies butc it's made it completely useless! By disabling All the major codecs on HDMI IN. Can someone please offer me solution to this issue as I've spent a lot of money to now discover such a massive flaw and drawback in the system.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do NAS servers have a HDMI port?  I thought the point of a NAS is that its a Network Attached Storage and if your streaming movies/music/photos from it, you would be using an ethernet cable over your local network instead of HDMI?  So Im a little confused to be honest.

Cheers

Reveri3
Explorer

So just discovered something while discussing this issue on the US forums. Please see link to the post below:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/BDV-N7200-Audio-Decoding-on-HDMI-IN/m-p/468427/hi...

Seems like US version of this model DOES support all audio codecs on HDMI IN but the UK version doesnt!

Sony PLEASE answer this WHY is there limitation on audio codecs support on HDMI IN on the UK version of this model?!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi there,

I've been helping you on the US forum, (MK_UK_Slinky) over there!

I read the link you posted on that site and indeed it would seem you're correct, annoying or what?!!!!

Right now the only suggestion I could make would be to send Sony a polite email and ask why they have set these restrictions specifically. I can't think of any logical explanation for this at all.

Keep us posted anyway.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14