Join now - be part of our community!

Bluray BDP-S4100: USB ntfs no files

Boblebad
New

Bluray BDP-S4100: USB ntfs no files

Hi

I'm trying to figure out how to get an external drive working, so i can play movies from that.

It's a 500GB ntfs in an USB2 box.

But when putting it in the back of the S4100, i need to plug it in two times before it is registered. But when i then go to the drive, then there's a spinning wheel for a min or so and when it stops, there's no files to show.

The drive is formatted to ntfs.

It's 500GB, i don't know if that's to big ?

Is there anything else that can be a problem ?

All the best

Carsten

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Carsten, welcome to the community!

In order to use a connected USB device you must insert it into the front USB socket. The rear USB socket is reserved for the use of BD Live Content which you would need to connect a USB thumb drive too.

If you look at your manual (Page 20) it advises connection of a USB device to the Jack shown on (Page 10), this is the one on the front of your player. It's also worth checking the files types that can be played on (Page 39)

USB Device.png

As far as size goes, 500 Gb NTFS is fine though Sony cannot guarantee that all drives are supported.

Hope that helps?

Chris

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14