Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT60BT sound bar - random bleeping

paulic87
New

HT-CT60BT sound bar - random bleeping

Hi,
We've had our HT-CT60BT for a couple of months and are having a problem with random (increasingly) intermittent single beeps/bleeps coming from the sound bar. I contacted the support team but was just getting generic replies that didn't really help with our problem - we've tried resetting, unplugging, replugging, moving away from other electronic devices but nothing seems to help. To begin with it seemed to only be when watching sky but not it also happens on catch-up, DVDs and netflix. Sometimes it can go half an hour without bleeping, other times it can bleep up to a dozen times in an hour.
Has anyone else ever experienced this with their sound bars? And if so, did you find a way of resolving the problem? We're pretty happy with the sound quality in general but the random high pitch beeps is slowly driving us mad!
Thanks 🙂
Paul
4 REPLIES 4
paulic87
New

I'm getting nowhere trying to resolve this. Is there a way of simply returning the bar to sony and getting a refund so I can buy a replacement model.elsewhere?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have had a look at the manual and cannot find nothing to indicate beeping. however I have a theory - could it be that the soundbar is not detecting the subwoofer correctly. Try placing the subwoofer closer (at least for a test). Also reset the subwoofer link - I think you can use a pen at the back of the subwoofer to press a small button, then follow steps to resink it.

All else fails, try doing a system reset by:
Press - bass+, vol- and treble+ on the remote control within 3 seconds

Hope this works

Cheers
paulic87
New

Hi Quinnicus,
Thanks for the suggestions. Tried resets multiple times and it doesn't work. Also moved the subwoofer closer but that still hasn't resolved it. If anything it's getting more frequent. I tried to find the hole on the back of the subwoofer but there generally doesn't seem to be any holes where a pen could fit in. Starting to wonder if it's a hardware fault? Have you ever heard of this problem or is the first you've heard of it? I can't find any other people who have experienced this and I've tried asking Sony but I always get the same generic response copied and pasted. Thanks again for your help. If you have any other suggestions I'd be really grateful as I have no car and the nearest service centre is 30+ miles away 😞
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I cannot help any further, I have never heard of a "beeping" problem such as yours on these soundbars.  I guess, if its under warrantee, might be best to take it back to the retailer and see if they can exchange it for another one.

Cheers