Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting KD-55XE70 to Sony DAV DZ111 Home Theatre System

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
BIS044
New

Connecting KD-55XE70 to Sony DAV DZ111 Home Theatre System

I recently upgraded our second TV to a Sony KD-55XE70 and very happy with picture quality. However the old TV was connected by SCART to a Sony DAV DZ111 home theatre system, old, I know, but still ok for a second set and better sound quality than TV speakers. As there is no SCART on the new KD-55XE70 I appear unable to use the old surround sound system.  Is there any way to connect these systems together or do I now have to go out and buy another DVD player and sound system that can connect to the TV? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

@BIS044

Thanks for taking time to take pictures, it's a much easier to be able to help you out.

So yes a scart to rca cable will do it. But since it's analog,  picture won't look the best on' your tv ^^ but at least you will be able watch your dvds 😃

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

it's easy

does your tv has component in (red/green/blue)? if yes your DAV also have component out for video

if not, does your TV has RCA in (Yellow/white/red)? if yes, just buy a scart to RCA  cable 

profile.country.GB.title
BIS044
New

Hi Sonyvores,

Thanks for response. I have attached a couple of photos. The first is the DVD, the second the TV. From your message, I believe the TV has the RCS, so scart to RC should fix it?

Thanks

DAV DZ111DAV DZ111Sony TV.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

@BIS044

Thanks for taking time to take pictures, it's a much easier to be able to help you out.

So yes a scart to rca cable will do it. But since it's analog,  picture won't look the best on' your tv ^^ but at least you will be able watch your dvds 😃

profile.country.GB.title
BIS044
New

Thanks for your help, Sonyvores, appreciated! 

profile.country.IE.title
aodhol
Explorer

@ Sonyvores, if I just want to have the TV sound to go through the speakers of the DAV DZ111 what do I need to do?  So far I have connected the optical audio port on the TV (KD49X8305C) to the Audio In line on the DZ111 via a DAC audio convertor.

I have selected "Audio System" for the speakers on the TV and have selected both "Line" and "TV" on the DZ111 but all I hear is static regardless of which option I select.

Is there something else I need to do?

Regards,

Aodh