Join now - be part of our community!

DN1040 AV Receiver not connecting to Internet

SOLVED
Penmanj
Explorer

DN1040 AV Receiver not connecting to Internet

The above Amp will not connect to the Internet for either Firmware updates or SEN, even though it connects fine across my local network to the NAS.  My router is a BT Homehub V3.0 and all my other devices, including 4 pc's connect fine to the Internet.  If I change the router to an old router I have, the Sony Amp connects fine.  I wrote to Sony support to ask them what protocol and port number the Sony Amp uses to connect to the Internet so that I can go onto BT and ask them why they are blocking this protocol but they don't understand what I am asking and are now ignoring me.

I am hoping someone here can provide me with the following information

1)   What is the IP address or URL name that the Sony Amp needs to connect to to obtain the firmware update.

2)   What is the Destination Port number of the server that the Amp needs to connect to?

3)   Is it a TCP or UDP or perhaps an ICMP Packet it uses to connect

Any other information that you think may help would be very much appreciated.

Jim 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Penmanj

Just like Neilsen, I also get curious on certain problems too. 

I guess, from all the testing you have done, it appears that its not the AV Reciever as you have identified that it could be a cause of a FW update to the BT router (unless further evidence suggests differently) - Bug?.

Fingers crossed that BT send out a router with the firmware version that works - as that would be the simplest solution.

Thank you for the update and hope it all works out - please let us know :slight_smile:

Cheers