Join now - be part of our community!

DVD Recorder RDR HXD-870 keeps losing digital channels

Nobby99
New

DVD Recorder RDR HXD-870 keeps losing digital channels

Hi,

I have what seem to be a common problem of losing my digital channels. I have read through the forum and all the many similar threads but haven't found a solution.  It used to happen occassionally but now it's everytime I switch it off, could it be something to do with the latest freeview update ? 

I've tried unplugging, factory reset etc and retuning.  Doesn't solve it.   My firmware is a bit old, i've never updated - I stupidly thought if selected the automatic updates option that would work !  I'm on version 1.2 and the latest version is 1.70 . i've tried the instructions on this page however it doesn't work.  Sure i've prepared the CD ok - after 'LOAD' and 'DISC-DWLD' is displayed the firmware doesn't install and the disc ejects.  The page suggests if it doesn't work trying an earlier version however the link to version 1.66 at the bottom of that page just take you back to the same page !  Is the 1.66 firmware available anywhere ?      However not sure if updating the firmware will solve this problem anyway reading some of the posts on here.

Another frustration is that the email page to customer support doesn't work.  After careful typing out my problem on there it freezes to a blank page - tried a few time with different browsers - does anything work at Sony ?

Anyway any suggestions or links to the 1.66 firmware gratefully received.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Before going any further, Just to confirm, did you follow the instructions exactly - as the disc tray should open.  From step 7...

-------------

• The update starts automatically. "DISC-DWLD" appears on the front panel display.

(takes approximately 2 minutes.)

• The tray opens automatically.

• Remove the disc. Do not push the disc tray.
    Please leave your DVD recorder as it is.
    Do not turn off the DVD recorder or disconnect the DVD recorder from the power supply.
  • A series of different messages will appear on the front panel display. This is normal. Do not operate the recorder during that time.

(takes approximately 6 minutes.)

• The tray closes automatically and the power turns off.
  • The update is complete now.

Note: if an error message appears, power off your DVD recorder and repeat the update procedure from the beginning.

-------------------

I also cannot find v1.66.  But one step at a time.

Cheers

Nobby99
New

Hi,

yes, have followed them exactly.  I get 'LOAD', 'DISC-DWLD' - the disc does eject after a couple of seconds, then goes straight back in and the machine powers off.  I've left it it for several minutes - on switching on, the update hasn't been done. As mentioned not sure the firmware is the cause of my losing digital channels problem.

thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.  Thanks for the confirmation.

In regards to v1.66 - leave it with me, and i'll get back to you on that one. 

In regards to emailing support - which browser are you using and version? 

Cheers

Nobby99
New

Spoiler

thanks for that.

I've tried chrome (Version 37.0.2062.120) and Internet Explore v11 - think it's the Sony side of things rather than the browser.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Version prior to 1.70 doesn't solve the problem. Be sure in preparing the CD that you use a package like Nero (for sure it works). I read a lot of people that stated that preparig the CD using Win7 standard utilities doesn't works.

As latest option I know that in some case the Customer support can send you a CD alredy prepared for the upgrade