Join now - be part of our community!

Dvd recorder - RDR-HXD790 Freeview Update

hmmarshall
Explorer

Dvd recorder - RDR-HXD790 Freeview Update

I have unplugged the dvd recorder, re-tuned it, tuned it to France (Ireland is not an option), set it to the digital guide but it still loses all this as soon as it is switched off.  Turn it back on and it needs to be re-tuned all over again and the same thing happens again when it's turned off.  All since the Freeview update of 3 September 2014.  Can anyone help, please?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I've moved your post from the General Chat section.  From your post, I see that you are re-tuning it using "France" as the location, is there a reason for this?  As this was one of the temporary work arounds when there were some issues.  Set if back to UK and see what happens.

Cheers

Carride
New

I have had the same problem with my RDR-HXD890 since the Freeview re-tuning on 03/09/14. I lost all the channels on the recorder so I re-tuned as instructed. The channels re-populated but every time the box switches off, the channels disappear and I have to keep re-tuning every time I switch it back on. I have turned the recorder off at the mains (ie remove the plug from the wall), waited 30 seconds the reconnected the power. This did not solve the problem. I then did a full factory reset but again it did not solve the problem. What else can I try to solve this annoying problem? The recorder was functioning perfectly prior to the Freeview re-tune last week 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you tried the procedure in the following order?

• factory reset
  • unplug from main for at least 1 minute
  • easy setup 

Maybe is only this the problem

Carride
New

Thanks for replying Roobb. Yes I have tried what you have suggested but with no success. The recorder works perfectly when I have re-tuned it but it fails to hold the retune when it is switched off, hence I have to re-tune it it each time I switch it on. I presume it must be a software problem. Thanks again.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry it doesn't work since it's a known bug of the RDR-HXD series that the factory reset is not able to really clear the internal memory unless the machine is unplugged from power. But if you did it, I don't know what else suggest...