Join now - be part of our community!

DVP-SR760H DVD player...

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mikeg8072
Visitor

DVP-SR760H DVD player...

Hi everyone.   I've got a problem with my sony SR760H dvd player. It plays normal discs OK in DVD format, I have not ried other formats on a disc as the DVD format seems to work well.  But if I use the USB port to play some camcorder films I have made.... all in the formats it says it should play such as "avi" , "mp4", "mpg", etc etc.... it just comes back and says the current video format is not supported.   I've tried reconverting them into smaller formats, different sizes and different screen shapes etc but to no avail. Can anyone help me as I am running our of ideas.     Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I have no other suggestions to offer to be honest.  The WMM file format is not widely adopted.  Have you considered alternative programs to create your movies that supports a variety of codecs/formats?

Cheers

BorderReiver
Explorer

Just in case it may be of interest to anyone else that may suffer from the same problem, I tried using the Free Video Converter from Koyote Soft (as I already used their MP3 converter) to create video files that the DVD player might accept.   I tried various formats and, surprisingly, nearly all of them worked.  I settled for mp4 format, ensuring that the output size fitted in with the constraints imposed by the player.  The result is a video that is much less 'blocky' than with Handbrake.  I have since reconverted all my other videos.

HTH

BR

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Thank you for replying back.  I am really glad you have found something that works!  :thumbsup:

Cheers