Join now - be part of our community!

My Blueray player S-380 is stuck in wait mode.

profile.country.en_GB.title
viking31
Visitor

My Blueray player S-380 is stuck in wait mode.

Any tips...??,have tried to install new firmware update ,nothing

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
migorta
Visitor

Same problem for me today. My blu-ray BDP-S380 is stuck in "WAIT" mode. It does not respond to any command. Is there any solution to this problem?

I bought this blu-ray in June 2011 so I guess the warranty expired.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

what exactly happened when you started this update?, i've not heard of this "wait" mode in any of the updates on my players, once this update started did you touch any of the remote's buttons?

neojared
New

i have the same problem , have any solution , the upgrade disc no bring me solution 

sorry 4 my inglish

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think I need more information on this one.  Can you confirm if the following happens?

"

Approximately 10 seconds after the AC is applied, the WAIT display flashes several times and the power is turned OFF automatically.

"

And do you also have the BDP-S380 player?

If that is the case, unfortunately the player has developed a hardware fault and will either need repairing by an authorised Sony Repair centre.  More than likely it will be uneconomical to repair and cheaper to purchase a new player.

Cheers

neojared
New

Approximately 10 seconds after the AC is applied, the WAIT display flashes several times and the power is turned OFF automatically.

"

--hi,no ,no turn off , only say ,WAIT ,,WAIT ,,WAIT ,,WAIT ,,WAIT ,,WAIT ,,WAIT ,

or WELCOME 

in the TV ,display 

blue ray logo and the sony logo and STUCK ----

And do you also have the BDP-S380 player? --yes sr---

If that is the case, unfortunately the player has developed a hardware fault and will either need repairing by an authorised Sony Repair centre.  More than likely it will be uneconomical to repair and cheaper to purchase a new player.

is the same problem ? 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Sorry for the delayed response back.  However unfortunately it does sound like a hardware fault with the player as I said above.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I wonder if this will help?

Page 22 - User Manual

The player does not respond to any button.
Moisture has condensed inside the player (page 3).
Hold down Power Button on the player for more than 10 seconds until the indicators on the front
panel display turn off. If the player still does not respond to any button, disconnect then reconnect the mains
lead.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14