Join now - be part of our community!

Google TV incombinatoin with CI+module

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
wtzr1987
Visitor

Google TV incombinatoin with CI+module

HI,

I'm making use of a CI+ module (that thing you insert directly into your tv, so you don't need a setup box). Is there a way to get google tv working without a setup box, because currently i'm not able to get the television via de sony nsz-gs7.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
breedBenR

The important thing that will NOT work with a CI+, is the Live-TV app and the Live-TV zapping functionallity.

For that to work, you do need a decoder box output HDMI-connected tot HDMI-in socket of your GoogleTV.

Without that connection, it is only home-network and internet-content that the GoogleTV can do things with.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
siddys
Visitor

Not too sure what your asking, but if your asking do you need a set top box to see the GTV box the answer is no,  you can use all the apps, web browser etc without having a STB connected

breedBenR

The important thing that will NOT work with a CI+, is the Live-TV app and the Live-TV zapping functionallity.

For that to work, you do need a decoder box output HDMI-connected tot HDMI-in socket of your GoogleTV.

Without that connection, it is only home-network and internet-content that the GoogleTV can do things with.

wtzr1987
Visitor

Thank you BreedBenR, that was the answer i was looking for.

I just bought myself a setup box so it's working now. Too bad there is not a solution for CI+ modules though.

breedBenR

your pain is my pain :wink:

profile.country.da_DK.title
Delgado0102
Visitor

That is why, its such a pain in the a.. that they havent made google tv as an firmware update to the bravia tv's.

we don't need more boxes, i already have an apple tv, boxee, playstation 3. just got rid of my cable set-up box and i don't want it back + a sony google tv box.

Sony really has to think smarter for the future if they wanna keep up.

They make terrific picture quality and design

but horrible menu system. The google tv integrated in bravia, then they have a chance against ITV.

Message was edited by: Delgado0102