Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI ARC Issues HT-SF200 KDL-43WF663

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
corzan06
Explorer

HDMI ARC Issues HT-SF200 KDL-43WF663

Can anyone give me some suggestions what I can do next to try and resolve my issue.

I have my Sony HT-SF200 soundbar connected to my Bravia KDL-43WF663 via HDMI ARC which up until last night has been working absolutely fine. My SKYHD is connected through the HDMI 2 port. The sound has now suddenly stopped working via ARC. It works fine using an optical cable.

So far I have tried changing the cables, soft resets on both soundbar and tv and even a factory reset of the TV to no avail.

I have noticed that when changing to Audio system it no longer shows the message "Checking connection with audio device". The ARC also no longer turns the soundbar on.

Anyone have any ideas. I have been through every troubleshooting section in all manuals/websites and even done the help on Sony website.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
corzan06
Explorer

Hey Vanilla_

Thanks for the info. After a bit more swapping of things around tonight and trying different cables in each HDMI it would possibly seem that it is actually an issue from my Sky box. After a quick reset of the Sky box it seems to be fine again, moral of the story.... reset everything attached first. DOh!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi corzan06,

That sounds interesting! Have you tried to unplug the Sky box and check if the same issue occurs? I also believe it might be useful if you test the same port with any different HDMI device to check if it stopped working completely.

There's also one last thing I could think of, the firmware updates for both devices. I've found the latest versions available from Sony here:

For the TV: https://bit.ly/2WrWFfq

For the soundbar: https://bit.ly/2DjKkTi

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
corzan06
Explorer

Hey Vanilla_

Thanks for the info. After a bit more swapping of things around tonight and trying different cables in each HDMI it would possibly seem that it is actually an issue from my Sky box. After a quick reset of the Sky box it seems to be fine again, moral of the story.... reset everything attached first. DOh!