Join now - be part of our community!

Home Cinema + Audio+ ps4

SOLVED
chunx78
New

Home Cinema + Audio+ ps4

Can Anybody advise me where and how to start planning my media/audio system for my new house?
Ideally i would like for tv in livingroom (+ Surround Sound), tv in kitchen both with spoken command and video call capabilties and linked to a media storage facility with control from both rooms.
Also would like a Good Sound sytem to be available throught downstars. preferably with embedded wall speakers.
maybe two external speakers for the garden.

This would be a long term project , but im trying to prioritise and getting my melted.

Dont really know where to start TBH

Thanks in Advance

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chunx78 wrote:

Hi there,

That statement above, is really the problem.  You have an idea of what you want, but without knowing your full requirements, it is hard to advise you.  What you need is to sit down with someone and plan what you exactly want/need for proper advice.

I'll give you a couple of examples

• A TV in the Lounge - without knowing the size of your lounge, its hard to advise whats best
  • Media Storage facility - without knowing what you plan do to, its impossible to advice on what type of NAS / Media Streamer and how much storage you would require. 
  • Surround sound - What setup?  5.1, 7.1, 7.2?

So basically, my advice is this

• Do your research on the internet and get an exact plan of action on what you want / like to do.  A good place to start is : http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-building-setup/
  • Go into a Sony Store and ask as any questions you like (even going into the store multiple times)
  • Have a budget in mind - but be prepared to go over it, only if necessary.
  • Don't skimp on cabling - No point having many £££'s spent and ****e cables.
  • If the task sounds daunting because of its complexity - Tackle it in small bites.
  • And last but not least (my saying) - Do it once, Do it right !

If there are specific questions, by all means post on these forums.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chunx78 wrote:

Hi there,

That statement above, is really the problem.  You have an idea of what you want, but without knowing your full requirements, it is hard to advise you.  What you need is to sit down with someone and plan what you exactly want/need for proper advice.

I'll give you a couple of examples

• A TV in the Lounge - without knowing the size of your lounge, its hard to advise whats best
  • Media Storage facility - without knowing what you plan do to, its impossible to advice on what type of NAS / Media Streamer and how much storage you would require. 
  • Surround sound - What setup?  5.1, 7.1, 7.2?

So basically, my advice is this

• Do your research on the internet and get an exact plan of action on what you want / like to do.  A good place to start is : http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-building-setup/
  • Go into a Sony Store and ask as any questions you like (even going into the store multiple times)
  • Have a budget in mind - but be prepared to go over it, only if necessary.
  • Don't skimp on cabling - No point having many £££'s spent and ****e cables.
  • If the task sounds daunting because of its complexity - Tackle it in small bites.
  • And last but not least (my saying) - Do it once, Do it right !

If there are specific questions, by all means post on these forums.

Hope that helps

chunx78
New

Thanks for the reply Quinnicus !

Yeah, I understand about stating the specifics, my statement was a tad vague.
Im just trying to figure out what actual equipment I need to have, before I pick specific hardware like tv size ect.
I am wondering mainly what media software packages will link Best with upcoming ps4.
Will I need an amplifier/stereo as a control unit along with a pc-hub and then how to add multiple remote access to the system.
great tip re cabling ect. I tend to use high qaulity hdmi ect for gaming and will continue on that principal.
Apolgies if my reply lacks proper punctuation or prose.
IM working at sea at the moment, writing this on my phone and the website isnt mobile friendly.
Thanks again.
I will do more reasearch and ask from there.