Join now - be part of our community!

HT-CT370 Soundbar

SOLVED
ralphy224

HT-CT370 Soundbar

I agree with reviewers of this soundbar that in a long lounge the talking is not very loud on some TV stations. Is there any way to increase the volume on the sound bar. I use th Digital Audio Out ( Optical ) from the X85 TV to the soundbar and watch Sky TV programs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ralphy224

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

I followed your instructions and found that my Optical and HDMI outputs on
my Sky Box were already set to Dolby D.

Thanks again

Ralphy224

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This may sound silly, but is there a reason why you are using an optical cable instead of HDMI (using the ARC port)? 

Settings to check:

• Turn Night Mode OFF
  • In the "Voice" Settings, use Type 1 - but also see what happens on Type 3
  • Sound Field = Standard

The other things to note, is what types of channels that give the lower sound and are they broadcasting 5.1 sound instead of 2.0 or something like that?

You could also try setting the Digital Out to PCM instead of Auto, as a test anyhow, instructions : HERE

Hope some of this assists anyhow.

Cheers

ralphy224

Hi Quinnicus,

I will try out your suggestions. Thank you ever so much for replying to my
problem. I am using an optical cable as John Lewis installed my HT-CT
Soundbar and X85 television. Can you please tell me how I can use the HDMI
(using the ARC port) . I can't understand how I can get an output from my
X85 into my soundbar and then into the HDMI input. Thank you for your help.

Ralphy224.
ralphy224

I have tried out your suggestions without success. I connected an HDMI cable from the output on my soundbar to the HDMI (ARC) on the television with my Sky HD box and Playstation in to the HDMI's on the TV. This did not improve the sound level. My wife in my long lounge said she could not hear the Sky station. I had to turn the soundbar of and use the TV sound which was much louder.I tried also as shown in the instruction book connecting my sky box to an HDMI input on my Soundbar. This improved the volume level but I had to use maximum volume on my soundbar. What I cant understand is that on my Playstation I can get a good volume on a setting of 20 on my soundbar and yet not such a good level using the maximum settting of 50 on my Sky Box.

Any help from anybody much appreciated

profile.country.GB.title
tatcan
Explorer

Hi

Have you set the audio on the sky box to output dolby digital? 

On the sky box press services. The Services menu with Options highlighted displays.
Press the right arrow, highlight Settings and press select. The Settings menu with Picture highlighted displays.

Press the right arrow, highlight Sound and press select. The Sound menu with Audio Output highlighted displays.

To enable Dolby Digital output via HDMI:

Press down arrow, highlight Digital Audio Output HDMI and using the left or right arrow change the setting to Dolby D.

Below is not needed if not using optical output 
Press the down arrow, highlight Digital Audio Output Optical and press the left or right arrow to change the setting to Dolby D.
Press the green button to save.

TC

ralphy224

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

I followed your instructions and found that my Optical and HDMI outputs on
my Sky Box were already set to Dolby D.

Thanks again

Ralphy224