Join now - be part of our community!

Still having audio dropout

profile.country.GB.title
jwheeler83
Explorer

Still having audio dropout

It's been over three weeks since I reported highly noticeable audio dropout when watching freeview hd channels on the svr-hdt1000 and to a lesser extent on my Bravia HX803. Does anyone have any information regarding a fix to this problem. From what I have read I believe it to be a broadcast issue, picture is fine but intermittent clicks and pops make some programmes unwatchable. What's the point in having freeview hd if you can't watch it? It's too quiet out there, somebody say something!
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi there,

Sorry I've missed your post until now! Like you I also have Freeview although not the HD version. However the clicks and pops you mention sometimes occur on my TV also. Likewise I occasionally get pixelation also, I have always put these down to either atmospherics, i.e. heavy rain / wind or even sudden changes in temperature. I believe that birds roosting on the aerial can also cause interference or occasional signal interruption. This problem used to be really bad at one time but lately seems much better, perhaps it is the weather?

I spoke to an aerial installation engineer quite some time ago about this issue and he advised that I probably needed my aerial adjusting. So far I have resisted that option or fear of being ripped off.

Hope that helps?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14