Join now - be part of our community!

HTCT260H Sound issues

carlguile
Explorer

HTCT260H Sound issues

Hi

Have hooked up this sound bar and have two issues

1 - Audio seems to be louder from the right side of the bar, distractingly so

2 - The bass seems to drop out intermittently. It's only for a few seconds or so but enough to be noticeable. It's not a wifi issue as I tried turning our modem off and it was the same

Any suggestions gratefully recieved!

Thanks
Carl

16 REPLIES 16
carlguile
Explorer

Just to update, I have been on the phone to Sony support. After a series of resets and cable changes and still having the issue I was told it was due to the auto calibration of the system and the fact I am sat directly in front of the soundbar (?????). The person on the phone told me to disable the auto calibration of the soundbar but couldnt tell me how as their info system was down for maintenance. I cant find anything in the manual or online about this, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

C

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not surprised that you cannot find it (i cant either).  Therefore im wondering if they mean one of the following:

Centre.jpg

Centre2.jpg

Cheers

carlguile
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus and thanks again for your help!

I think you may have found that in the manual for HTCT260, I saw it also but the model I have is the HTCT260H which wont allow me to raise or adjust the centre level, the option isnt there (annoyingly!).

If I go into DUAL I can choose between Main/Sub, Main and Sub but this makes no difference (I wonder if that is because I dont recieve a Dolby Digital multiplex signal via the optical cable).

I've tried calling the line back but apparently the help system is still down

Thanks again for your help!

guruzippy
Explorer

I have the second problem too, it makes films unwatchable as the bass during dialogue switches on/off intermittently. Think I will need to return the sounbar.
carlguile
Explorer

Hi Guruzippy

Yes that's the exact frustration I find when watching a film. Did you try switching off any nearby wireless routers?

Cheers

C

guruzippy
Explorer

... I have a multi channel input via optical cable directly from the sky box, set to sub/main in the menu but still same issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlguile wrote:

I think you may have found that in the manual for HTCT260,

Ooops.  I think I've done that twice today :slight_smile:  Thanks for pointing it out. 

Unfortunately, I still dont understand what they are on about though,

guruzippy
Explorer

Carlguile

I've not tried switching off all wireless devices as it doesn't appear to be that type of issue otherwise I would expect the speaker to disconnect. I did try to re-link the speaker but also no difference. Even if it is a wireless issue I think it renders it useless anyway as I think I can live without the soundbar rather than without wireless in my life! In the interest of scientific research I will give it a go with all wireless switched off.
carlguile
Explorer

Yeah totally agree, only mentioning it to you as it was the first thing Sony told me to do (and it made no difference). Annoying as would be such a good soundbar without the issues I'm facing