Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN1040 and IR repeater

SOLVED
Rikroker
Explorer

STR-DN1040 and IR repeater

I recently bought the STR-DN1040 AV reciever which I'l be placing out of sight, using an IR repeater to get the remote signals to it.

I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FWBW4QA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works perfectly with my other equipment but not the Sony. I see the IR repeater's receiving the signals (light flashes on it) but the Sony won't respond. This is a dual band repeater so would have thought everything's covered, but the only thing I can think of is that it transmits at 38 KHZ & 56KHZ and possibly the Sony works on something slightly too off that.

Does anyone know of a repeater that's known to work on the STR-DN1040? I don't particularly want to buy and return a bunch of them. Or are there any tricks to get the one I've already got working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rikroker
Explorer

Well if anyone's interested this one from Neet worked.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H9E429A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On a side note Sony support was absolutely useless:

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We do not guarantee nor support using repeaters or boosters with our devices.

If you require any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reply back to this E-mail or to contact us on the phone numbers below.

Yours Sincerely, 
Kareem Ismael

Dear Kareem

I wasn't prepared for quite such a fob off. That's in direct contradiction to the manual, page 83:

To operate the receiver from zone 2

You can operate the receiver without pointing the remote control towards the receiver if you connect an IR repeater (not supplied) to the IR REMOTE jack.Use an IR repeater when you install the receiver in a place where signals from the remote control cannot reach.

Please find out some more information and be more helpful.

-------------------------------------
To which there was no reply

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I am unable to answer your queston 😞  Hopefully another forum member maybe able to assist.  If not, try contacting Sony Support : HERE

On a side note, I have looked at the link provided, I cannot see any reason why it wouldnt work with the DN1040.

Cheers

Rikroker
Explorer

Well if anyone's interested this one from Neet worked.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H9E429A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you require any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reply back to this E-mail or to contact us on the phone numbers below.

Yours Sincerely, 
Kareem Ismael

Dear Kareem

I wasn't prepared for quite such a fob off. That's in direct contradiction to the manual, page 83:

You can operate the receiver without pointing the remote control towards the receiver if you connect an IR repeater (not supplied) to the IR REMOTE jack.Use an IR repeater when you install the receiver in a place where signals from the remote control cannot reach.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for posting back with information on the IR Repeater that works.  I am sure that this will be of benefit to someone.  :thumbsup:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Rikroker,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Glad to read that you managed to find a repeater that worked with all of your equipment & thanks for taking the time to update this thread..:smileythumbsup:

@Rikroker wrote:

Yours Sincerely, 
Kareem Ismael

Dear Kareem

As to problem with Sony support this has been raised with one of our contacts within Sony so hopefully that will be addressed..:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@Rikroker In addition to the earlier post I can confirm that someone from within Sony is dealing with your Support complaint..

I can't guarantee that Sony will be in contact with you but if they do could you kindly update this thread please.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

HI @Rikroker  I have been informed that someone from Sony has been in contact with you regarding your complaint, could please confirm this.?

Thanks