Join now - be part of our community!

HTCT260H Sound issues

carlguile
Explorer

HTCT260H Sound issues

Hi

Have hooked up this sound bar and have two issues

1 - Audio seems to be louder from the right side of the bar, distractingly so

2 - The bass seems to drop out intermittently. It's only for a few seconds or so but enough to be noticeable. It's not a wifi issue as I tried turning our modem off and it was the same

Any suggestions gratefully recieved!

Thanks
Carl

16 REPLIES 16
carlguile
Explorer

Quinnicus, no worries I spent an hour thinking I was going mad before realised the difference due to the 'H'!

Thanks for your thoughts anyway, will let you know if anything changes

Cheers!

carlguile
Explorer

Found this link which sheds a little more light on the issue, its seems the cutout is due to having the 'effect' option enabled. Trouble is the sound is nowhere near as good with this disabled:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/HT-CT260-Sound-Issues/td-p/45693

Wendy1975
New

I was just wondering if anyone is still having an issue with this as I have recently purchased this model and am getting the sound dip quite frequently ,it's very annoying,I have tried all the options of switching the effect on and off,turning off routers etc but still the annoying dip I was hoping that Sony can shed some light as to what the problem is as it is obviously a problem that lots of people are experiencing so it can't be the set up.
I brought this sound bar as it was Sony and I have never had any problems in the past with Sony products but am really starting to regret this purchase and wish I had done a bit of research on line first.

I think we should do something... I have the same problem between ANY device (iPad, IPhone, PC laptop...) Sound drop, bass drop. Sony support is smart but totally unable to help. I very very upset actually! ETienne
Tags (1)
Purity_Control
Explorer

I have had a similar problem. I purchased this soundbar in January 2014 and the soundbar has never performed properly when EFFECTS are switched ON. The problems I hear are: 1. intermittant drop out of voices especially during low volume scenes with little other background noise. I can only describe it as though the actor has moved away from the microphone temporarily resulting in a word, or parts of words sounding "tinny". This only happens when the EFFECTS are switched on, and it happens whether I am watching TV through the inbuilt reciever (i.e. netflix), watching through Virgin Tivo box, or watching my PS3. It also does not matter whether I have connected via optical or HDMI. The other problem I have is that the subwoofer seems to carry a lot of background noise - like it is too sensitive and is picking up too much ambient sound during scenes. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried changing the Subwoofer levels?  Press AMP, then goto Levels > SW LVL

It may help, it may not. 

Cheers

Purity_Control
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the response. I have tried this and it does not help the
sound drop issue, unfortunately.