Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix on SMP-N200?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
PhilipG
Visitor

Netflix on SMP-N200?

Does anyone know if it is possible to stream films from Netflix via a Sony SMP-N200 in the UK?  I bought the unit only a week before Netflix announced its UK launch who are seriously undercutting the monthly fees of LoveFilm, which is preloaded on the N200.  According to the Netflix site you can do it from a PS3, so why not all Sony products?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor
8 REPLIES 8
Catmambo
Contributor

profile.country.en_IE.title
murfbrowne
Visitor

hi there, I would really like to know the answer to that question about netflix and as I live in ireland I was wondering would i be able to stream the RTE player and the TV3 player.

thanks

PhilipG
Visitor

Yes, cheers for that.  I signed up for LoveFilm as it seemed a good deal, but the choice of films is not great - many of them are really old!  Can no one answer my original question?

jabowie60
Visitor

Seems that play.com already suggest that the previous model (n100) supports Netflix...

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/17467873/Sony-SMP-N100-Internet-TV-DLNA-USB-Media-pla...

...so I assume this goes for the n200.

That said, I'm using the n100 and can see NO Netflix listed, just the usual YouTube/LoveFilm/etc offerings. presume it will 'appear' soon?! *holds breath*

Still disappointed and waiting...

Catmambo
Contributor

Play.com have just taken US copy from the Sony website and pasted it - thus it mentions Pandora as well which has never been available in the UK. Thanks for flagging - we'll get them to clarify..

garyandbev
New

Good morning,

I have the smp-n200, I do not think that the answer I have read is satisfactory, I have tried Lovefilm and was very disapointed with the films on offer there.  Please, when can we have netflix on this device?

Many thanks

drhowells
New

I don't think you will get Netflix on this device. Like the 2011 (and previous) model Sony TVs, this device does not have the capability to cope with the Netflix DRM security in the UK.

pevidea23
Explorer

It is ironic that new DVD-ROM devices with Internet connection do sport Netflix!