Join now - be part of our community!

"Cannot operate this disc"

"Cannot operate this disc"

I have purchased a home cinema system bdv 9100 and I like it quite a lot, but there is a problem with some of the blu ray discs. I have a blu ray burner and wrote some video files on a 50 gb disc and it worked ok. After this i filled the same disc with more files and it stopped working and now displays the message "Cannot operate this disc".

I thought that the files were too much for one disc, so I separated them into two 25 gb discs. The first one worked, the second one didn't (curiously it contained the additional data that I've recorded to the 50 gb one).

Bear with me here. Since the data that was on the second didn't work again I thought that maybe some of the files on it (file length or file name) corruped the disc, so I copied each of the files on a USB drive and all of them worked separately on the blu ray system.

I am buffled. All the discs work on my pc. What could be the reason? Is there a log file I can read or something at all? What can I do?

I have the latest firmware.

Best Regards,

A. Traikov

2 REPLIES 2
Mr_Onion

I don't 'Blue Ray' so my thoughts are based on DVD's.

Has the disc been finalised? DVD's will, more often than not, refuse to work on other machines unless they have been finalised. Is it the same with BR's

I finalized the 50 gig one, but it didn't help. I'm thinking of write a new disk in a slower speed, just to check if this could be it. Current speed was 4 (max for blu ray).