Join now - be part of our community!

No Dolby Digital Output from connected WDTV Live

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

No Dolby Digital Output from connected WDTV Live

Hi all, has anyone experienced this issue before?

I have my WDTV Live SMP connected via HDMI v.1.4 to my Sony STR-DN1040 AV\Receiver but I am only getting PCM sound output!!! The Sony unit is not receiving any Dolby Digital signals from my SMP at all.

I have checked the audio settings on both devices and they appear to be configured correctly. It's not the HDMI lead as I have tried several.

Hopefully this screenshot may help diagnose my issue. I have a number of my movies recorded in this format but I'm not very knowledgeable about the various codecs. Should I be obtaining Dolby Digital sound from these files?

Codec Info Source - VLC Media Player

Audio Codec.jpg

Puzzled!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for your help earlier! Test 2 solved my problem! :slight_smile:

One slight niggle though, now my soundtrack is fractionally out of sync! No biggy though I'll have tinker and see if I can eliminate it some how.

TTFN

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14