Join now - be part of our community!

Possible to enter DNS server address in NSZ-GS7?

profile.country.GB.title
shanwar66
New

Possible to enter DNS server address in NSZ-GS7?

Hi

I'm in the UK and thinking of dumping my boxee box (too many bugs) and as i mainly use it for watching Netflix USA and live premiership footy thru a web browser, the Sony NSZ-GS7 seems a good alternative. However does anyone know if you can actually enter the DNS server address anywhere in the NSZ-GS7? My initial plan was to buy the US version of NSZ-GS7 but since the UK version now has the Netflix app, i would like to enter the DNS server address from http://www.unblock-us.com/ to allow me to access netflix usa content. I know you can enter the DNS address in your router but would prefer to do it in the sony.

Also how well does Sky HD work through the NSZ-GS7? I presume the picture quality remains unchanged and using Sky+ playback/recording etc works just as well?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Message was edited by: shanwar66

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

you can't enter dns on nsz and sky is fine through device recording and using anytime and planner no issue

profile.country.GB.title
shanwar66
New

thanks gofrost but someone using a US version of the NSZ-GS7 has told me this:

Hi, it definitely allows setting up the ethernet with dhcp or static, and under static setup it has 2 dns server fields. If that is the only requirement for getting it to work in other countries, then I am guessing this will work for you.

Can you check again, perhaps under "static setup"? If you still cannot find any DNS server field then this may mean only the US version can allow you to change the DNS field but i would have thought this would be very unlikely.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

it has two options: DHCP and 'static' and in the latter option you can enter the IP adress of your DNS server of choice.

profile.country.GB.title
shanwar66
New

Thanks breedBenR. After further research, it appears a DNS server address can only be entered on the NSZ-GS7 when it is connected by ethernet cable...NOT when its connected by wifi. Are you able to confirm this? Cheers