Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD1065 DVD RECORDER

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pauwaste4
Visitor

RDR-HXD1065 DVD RECORDER

Am having problems with my DVD recorder in that, from switching on from the mains; it keeps coming up with the "welcome" message but tv screen remains blank and the recorder (after about 5 mins) reverts to standby mode only to keep repeating this process all over again. Any idea's? Not sure if it had anything to do with the latest switch to full Digital broadcasting in my area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have a look at this thread that looks very similar https://www.sony.it/discussions/message/698249#698249.

My idea is that you can try one of the suggestion in the service manual (press the power button for 5 seconds) or do a complete reset of the recorder (stop button together with power button on the main deck)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have a look at this thread that looks very similar https://www.sony.it/discussions/message/698249#698249.

My idea is that you can try one of the suggestion in the service manual (press the power button for 5 seconds) or do a complete reset of the recorder (stop button together with power button on the main deck)

profile.country.en_GB.title
zembuu
New

I have the same or similar problem.  I am told by other discussion sites that it is due to the machine accepting updates intended for other equipment.  I consider that the RDR-HXD1065 is not fit for purpose as its design does not prevent it from accepting these updates, unless one sets it not to receive updates.  But why should one set it thus, not knowing that there could be a problem with receiving the wrong updates.

I have seen a suggestion that if we can enter in Service Mode, we can clear the DVB flash and set it not to receive updates.

So does anyone know how to enter the service mode?  By the way I already tried to email customer support, only to be informed after spending some significant time writing the email (online) that email support was unavailable.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I didn't undertand exactly what happened to your machine but I know that to enter the service menu (at least on the HXDx70) you need a specific remote that spot additional buttons (i.e the ESC that enter th service mode). You can use a programmable remote (i have an harmony) to simulate it.