Join now - be part of our community!

RDR HXD870 not displaying time on tv screen

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
DebbieDebs

RDR HXD870 not displaying time on tv screen

Since the latest upload my recorder no longer displays the time on the tv screen in the bottom right hand corner. Instead I get a blue box displaying and also a blue box at the top near centre of the screen (not sure what normally displays here).

The EPG and recording seem to work fine but the blue panels are annoying when viewing. I've switched the machine off and on but am reluctant to do a full reset incase there is something else afoot...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi DebbieDebs,

may you post an image of the blue box you're talking about? I didn't really understand what you are talking about and which button you push in order to see them...Info?Display?

BTW the RDR does not display by default the time on the TV screen and for sure never on the bottom right end corner: are you sure it's not something that your TV set was doing on the HDMI input?

Update: I checked on my own HXD870 and the only blue box I can imagine are those related to the EPG info available on the current channel being vien on DTV: you access the lower by pressing once the info button and it displays the current and nect program, then by pressing another time the info button you get the detail on the current program...

noway it starts by itself and if you say the EPG data are in there (by pressing Guide?) the same data are also in the blue boxes. To close them you should press Return...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Hi DebbieDebs,

may you post an image of the blue box you're talking about? I didn't really understand what you are talking about and which button you push in order to see them...Info?Display?

BTW the RDR does not display by default the time on the TV screen and for sure never on the bottom right end corner: are you sure it's not something that your TV set was doing on the HDMI input?

Update: I checked on my own HXD870 and the only blue box I can imagine are those related to the EPG info available on the current channel being vien on DTV: you access the lower by pressing once the info button and it displays the current and nect program, then by pressing another time the info button you get the detail on the current program...

noway it starts by itself and if you say the EPG data are in there (by pressing Guide?) the same data are also in the blue boxes. To close them you should press Return...

profile.country.GB.title
DebbieDebs

Thanks, you were right about the HDMI link. I think it was loose as I jiggled it and made sure it was firmly inserted and the display was properly restored.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm happy you solve the problem, RDR HXDs are still a great machines despite being so old (in technology terms...)