Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mrsoftee
Visitor

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

My RDR HXD870 updates about 4 x per day which is normally fine but now it locks in to update which completely freezes the machine .  When this happens the only way to release it is to hold in the power button for 7secs. I have tried a hard reset and a firmware update...both failed to cure it. Any ideas anyone please.

149 REPLIES 149
suskinn38
Explorer

Can't thank you enough pewrigh38! Now have our tv back - thank you for posting such clear, easy instructions.

:thumbsup:

ClaireHH
Explorer

Hi
Followed all your instructions
Picture is back but no volume. Any ideas???
Out of interest what are Sony saying on twitter(I don't have a twitter account)
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi everyone,

We are sorry you are experiencing this problem. We are aware of this issue and it has been flagged to our dedicated team.

We will update you as soon as we have more.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

Same problem despite retuning etc still no picture. Happenned Friday 19th discovered fault  at 2200 hours.Clearly something Sony has done we are in Somerset.Will it operate normally once Sony have fixed it.

ClaireHH
Explorer

Have sorted volume.
Loose lead at back from all the fiddling about.
Thanks for your clear instructions.
Shame Sony were not as prompt!!
higginje
Explorer

RDR-HXD790 Have got the same problem, but have unlocked fron 'update' as per pewrigh38 solution - many thanks for that.  I can now watch my recorded stuff and will await Sony's solution to the EPG fault.  I wont hold my breath for a quick fix!!

fugbat

My daughter's machine, in TV mode, has a black screen, displays the channel numbers in grey text, but no picture or sound. Hdd and DVd functions work fine. Can this be the same problem which everyone else is experiencing? I haven't yet tried the Factory Reset, but will as soon as I can access the recorder. We're on the brink of buying a new recorder, but would prefer not to, if possible.
KSUTTO
Explorer

Thanks for the France tip, all works as you said. Any Idea how Sony are going to let everyone know what their solution is - when they have one of course.

Dangerous_Dave_T
Explorer

We are getting same problem as pebble1234 with our HXD870 - channels tune in but picture is blank and no GUIDE info. This seems to have happened overnight (19-20/7/13). The first I noticed was a 'timer canceled' message when it failed to detect one of the kids series recordings.

Tried updating firmware to v1.70 but this sat at Download-5 till I powered off. Firmware *seems* to have installed but I am still having no joy with the channels. I tried changing the location to France as suggested but it forgot the channels when I powered off - am I doing this right? Can someone give me a step by step guide?

I would be really cross if I had to buy a new box, after spending most of the day trying to sort this, while the kids run around bonkers. I would certainly think twice about getting a Sony!

fugbat

Muchas gracias from us, pewrigh38, now working ok again, daughter very grateful. Let's ope Sony can sort a fix before too long. Pity they stopped making recorders.