Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD870 stuck in update

SOLVED
gechatw
New

RDR-HXD870 stuck in update

I have 2 of these machines and have not had any problems before. I found them both on Friday night with no picture or sound (Black screen) but I did have some very limited control and could still view recordings. However from this morning (Saturday 20th) they are both stuck in Update and absolutely no button works (on the remote and the unit itself) - obviously an update gone wrong - especially with seeing how many others are affected - and we have to wait until Monday?????? (and then if we are lucky).

This is going to be interesting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

I have locked this thread in a hope that we can limit the number of thread so to avoid confusion & make it easier for users to find the latest information..

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
flossie1234
Explorer

Hello

Yes, exactly the same.  We have two machines and at first I thought it was my aerial or something but the other machine was the same and all tv digital epgs are working fine (some of which are Sony).

I checked the other machine and it was the same - this was last night.  They had been working on the afternoon but I think must have gone off around tea time.

Over night the older of the two machines has the message UPDATING on it and has had it on all day and basically locked the machine.  The younger machine is just as it was last night - no EPG - no tuning.

For info, I rang the G4 switchboard today and it is definitely nothing to do with them, they are not even in our particular area.  The very helpful lady there said it was a software problem with Sony and referred me back to them.  She said something about the updates were due to be completed last night.  Obviously there is nothing to be done until Monday.

The lady at G4 said Sony were working on the problem.

vickismith9831
Explorer

if you check out http://community.sony.it/t5/Home-Cinema-Projectors-Players/RDR-HXD870-stuck-in-UPDATE-mode/m-p/69710... you will find some temporary remedies that work. No idea why this info shows on he Italian site. Sony need to get their act together!

ABC995
New

My RDR-HXD995 has the same problem. The screen went black yesterday pm, but we could access the title list. Since this morning it has been stuck in update and can't see any menu.  I tried switching off. The recorder went said repair then went back to being stuck in update.  Strange that it has happened to so many people at the same time.

Hi, exactly the same happened to me when it was in the middle of recording 'An Officer and and Gentleman'. (my wife). It then said update but if you turn it off at he mains you can access the recorded programme list and the machine even receives the progamme datta as I can flick thorugh the channels but they are all blank on the TV. I also tried reversing the cables and put the aerial in to the Tv and linked a scart for the Tv to the DVD recorder and you can actually watch a programme trough line 1 and even recorder it but basically you have to watch what you record so not good.

Anyone any ideas on how to ge tthis resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable
pauljuli
New

I have 3 of these recorders with the same update problem

i guess sony will put in the fix next week!    ::smileyangry:

Sparkie_Nev
Explorer

Yes, I have the RDR-HX770 and a friend who has an identical unit both these crashed with Update displaying, I carried out a full reset as in the manual and I got the unit functioning last night but it will not display any digital channels and this morning it back stuck in update :slight_frown:

pewrigh38

use the power button trick to get it out of UPDATE, then easy setup and set FRANCE or Belgium AS YOUR LOCATION AND SCAN, THIS WILL FIX THE CHANNELS BUT WILL NOT GET YOU epg BACK (TEMPORARY FIX), THEN SET THE EPG TO digital epg AND NOT GUIDEPLUS
Sparkie_Nev
Explorer

Thanks, will give it a go